Re: [hackers-il] Do you want to send E-mail from hell?

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
      On Thu, Apr 04, 2002, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] Do you want to send E-mail from hell?":
      > That was, of course, the whole point of telneting to port 25 on the
      > recipient's host - to make the email appear as if by an act of
      > G-d. Otherwise, forging the From, Reply-to, even Sender fields is
      > easy: e.g. my postings here appear as if from
      > ogoldshmidt@..., although that's just an alias.

      I said I'll follow my email with a forgery from Oleg, but this wasn't it -
      that was a real-live genuine Oleg posting ;)

      Apparently, yahoogroups saw through my forgery and didn't post my fake
      email :( Too bad I don't have time to continue playing this game :) It
      does work, as some friend to whom I once sent a mail supposedly from
      "president@..." knows all too well :)

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Thursday, Apr 4 2002, 22 Nisan 5762
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |A bird in the hand is safer than one