Re: Knuth

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2002
      On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Nadav Har'El wrote:

      > A while ago there was a discussion here on whether Knuth was god, and things
      > of that sort :) Some of you would be happy to know that a similar thread just
      > started on slashdot (www.slashdot.org), filled with Knuth anecdotes and "is
      > Knuth god" jokes ;)

      Seems like I did not invent the "Knuth is/is not God" paradigm. I
      especially liked this joke I found there:

      <<<
      Richard M. Stallman, Linus Torvalds, and Donald E. Knuth
      engage in a discussion on whose impact on the computerized world was the
      greatest.

      Stallman: "God told me I have programmed the best editor in
      the world!"

      Torvalds: "Well, God told *me* that I have programmed the
      best operating system in the world!"

      Knuth: "Wait, wait - I never said that."

      I started reading the lecture.