Suggestion

  • Moshe Zadka
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2000
      How about each of us list topics he or she would like to know more about?
      If there is a subject which has interest and there is someone to teach it,
      we could have a nice lecture.

      Personally, I'd like to hear about

      * webdav
      * advanced scheme
      * programming languages I haven't heard about it

      --
      Moshe Zadka <moshez@...>
      http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2000
        On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 05:49:05PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:
        > Personally, I'd like to hear about
        >
        > * webdav
        > * advanced scheme
        > * programming languages I haven't heard about it

        Same here with the following additions:

        * OS internals (any OS)
        * Compilers
        * neat programming techniques - how to make a language do things it was never
        meant to do.
        * 101 ways to write a webserver / put a fortune in your sig
        * lambda calculus

        I can give a short talk about the Hurd if anyone is interested.

        --
        Chen Shapira Web Developer and Linux Activist
        The algorithm for finding the longest path in a graph is NP-complete.
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2000
          Well, lets see what I am able to talk about in near future:

          --- In hackers-il@egroups.com, chen-egroups@s... wrote:
          > On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 05:49:05PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:
          > > Personally, I'd like to hear about
          > >
          > > * webdav
          > > * advanced scheme
          me, first lecture (at least for me), June
          > > * programming languages I haven't heard about it
          APL? Ada? J?

          > Same here with the following additions:
          >
          > * OS internals (any OS)
          Is it ethical for me to speak of Linux kernel?:) Who gives the damn to
          ethics:))) you got it. Second lecture.
          > * Compilers
          me, but gmayer will do it far better
          > * neat programming techniques - how to make a language do things it
          was never
          > meant to do.
          Object oriented programming in Bourne shell? CPS in Java? Third
          lecture.
          > * 101 ways to write a webserver / put a fortune in your sig

          up to implementing /proc/signature or something like
          mount sigs /sigs -t sigfs? Fourth lecture.

          > * lambda calculus

          we have to invite gmayer. He is the Knight of bloody Lambda Calculus.

          * inefficiencies of C++. Fifth one.

          * "having sex" with gdb and ld. Sixth one.

          * jazz basics and how we can apply it to programming.

          * lockpicking for dummies.

          TBA
          Of course, I am talking about random values of 1-6.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2000

            We should make that into a party, or a drinking game.

            One person start talking, the other take a drink whenever the words "template,
            memory managment, encapsulation, inheritance or error hanling" are said, after
            10 minutes we switch speakers.

            then we'll try picking locks.

            ofcourse vodka drinking russians will have an unfair advantage, so perhaps we
            should take who ever remains sober and force him to write a scheme compiler in
            C++, that'll make him insane enough to join the rest of us.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2000
              On Sun, 7 May 2000 omerm@... wrote:

              > APL? Ada? J?

              APL! Definitely APL