Re: Lindows

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Amir Abiri wrote:

      > Does anyone here thinks that Lindows has a chance ?

      Are you sure it is the right group? Maybe you meant GNUbies-IL?

      In any case, it is a common idiom in Jewish culture that since the
      destruction of the First Temple, prophecy was taken away from the
      prophets and given to fools. There are several issues that cloud Lindows'
      potential success: the trademark war, the MS patents, or lack of interest
      from the public.

      However, it is possible that these factors will be overcomed somehow. I'd
      rather see what will happen, instead of spending time trying to predict
      the future. And I believe that whatever will happen with Lindows is not a
      "life-or-death" matter for anything I can think of.

      There is no IGLU Cabal! Since the demise of the original ILUG Cabal, LUG
      Cabal maintainance was taken away from hackers and given to people who
      include an alternate funny signature in their E-mails.

      (huh! a self-referential one)