Re: [hackers-il] Re: (Signature is 10x longer than actual text,so hackme up by , sharp axes)

  • David Tabachnikov (NetHunter)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2000
      Nadav Har'El wrote:

      > On Sat, May 20, 2000, David Tabachnikov (NetHunter) wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] Re: (Signature is 10x longer than actual text,so hack me up by , sharp axes)":
      > It also depends which messages you count; Do you count mailing-list messages?

      no.

      > Second, the amount of spam you get depends on how many spammers have your
      > address, and how many addresses you have.

      I got 2 addresses - and only one in use. (I'm rather sure that if I'll
      check the other one it got loads of spam).

      >unless you post to newsgroups often, subscribe to mailing lists, or put your
      > email on the web, they won't be able to get your address.
      Post to newsgroups at least once a week, I'm subscribed to 7 mailing
      lists, 3 of which are rather medium traffic (ie not Linux-devel, but
      still higher then 6 messages a day)

      > Fourth, because spammers do sell each other address lists, having an "old"
      > address can mean most spammers have it. I still get spam, once in a while, to
      > an address I haven't used for 5 years.

      Nope, no old address.

      --
      Best Regards,