Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re: [hackers-il] Re: To Hash or not to Hash [was Re: \\\"On Lisp\\\" now av=

    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 7, 2002
      On Thu, Feb 07, 2002, Arik Baratz wrote about "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re: [hackers-il] Re: To Hash or not to Hash [was Re: \\\"On Lisp\\\" now av=":
      > ailable ]?=

      Wow, something is *REALLY* wrong with your mail program, Vidius filter,
      or whatever... A part of the the subject got hacked off into the main
      text (as you can see in the quote above),

      > > > want a lean and mean function, you\\\'d have to analyze the domain you are
      > working
      > > > with and think up a function that hashes it ok.
      > > That was the case with Freecell Solver, where I recently switched from MD5
      > > to Perl\'s hash function and did not notice too big a difference in the

      and something caused all single quotes in your message (even its subject line)
      to be backslashed, sometimes by more than one backslash. What is this - a
      mailer written in a shell? :)

      Weird ;)

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Thursday, Feb 7 2002, 26 Shevat 5762
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |I before E except after C. We live in a
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 7, 2002
        \\\\\\"On Lisp\\\\\\\" now av=3D?=

        On 07.02.2002 at 21:18:58, Nadav Har\'El <nyh@...> wrote:

        > On Thu, Feb 07, 2002, Arik Baratz wrote about \"=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:
        [hackers-il] Re: To Hash or not to Hash [was Re: \\\\\\\"On Lisp\\\\\\\" now
        av=\":
        > > ailable ]?=
        >
        > Wow, something is *REALLY* wrong with your mail program, Vidius filter,
        > or whatever... A part of the the subject got hacked off into the main
        > text (as you can see in the quote above),

        I\'m in the united states right now, and I\'m using JawMail
        http://jawmail.sf.net beta version. It has some flaws, I admit.

        > > working
        > > > That was the case with Freecell Solver, where I recently switched from
        MD5
        > > > to Perl\\\'s hash function and did not notice too big a difference in
        the

        > and something caused all single quotes in your message (even its subject
        line)
        > to be backslashed, sometimes by more than one backslash. What is this - a
        > mailer written in a shell? :)
        >
        > Weird ;)

        Not in shell, in PHP. It\'s somewhat buggy, but it works...

        Arik Baratz
        System Engineer
        arikb@...

        Office:
        4 Hamelacha St.
        Raa’nana 43661
        ISRAEL

        Tel: +972 (9) 743-9250 ext. 214
        Fax: +972 (9) 743-9251
        Cell: +972 (52) 354 959
        eFax: +1 (978) 926-8913
        ICQ: 210 8214

        Privileged and / or confidential Information may be contained in this electronic
        mail message.

        You may not copy or deliver this message to anyone without my consent.

        If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or you feel that this
        message is not intended for you, Please destroy this message and kindly notify
        the sender by replying to this electronic mail.

        Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not agree to the use of
        Internet email for messages of this kind.

        Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate
        to the official business of Vidius shall be understood as neither given nor
        endorsed by it.
      • mulix
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 7, 2002
          On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Arik Baratz wrote:

          > \\\\\\"On Lisp\\\\\\\" now av=3D?=

          [snipped other such monstrosities, and then arik said]
          > Not in shell, in PHP. It\'s somewhat buggy, but it works...

          egads, whatever happened to good ol' telnet my.mail.server.com 25 and
          talking SMTP like reasonable human beings?

          ObHackersIL - nothing. things have certainly hit a low point.
          --
          mulix

          http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~mulix/
          http://syscalltrack.sf.net/