Re: [hackers-il] Silly Hack of the Week: Gvim as a front-end to xmms

  • Tzafrir Cohen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2002
      On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Shlomi Fish wrote:

      > Disclaimer:
      > 1. I may possibly be re-inventing the wheel, but nonetheless having fun in
      > the process and I learn how to program Vim.

      See for yourself:

      http://vim.sf.net/

      Many, many gvim-related stuff. e.g: how to use gvim as the editor of
      evoltion messages, how to get it to do inline spell-checking, generate
      morse-code, and use bit-keeper.

      Disclaimer: I haven't tested any of the above-mentioned scripts (except
      the spell-checker, which works nicely)

      --
      Tzafrir Cohen /"\
      mailto:tzafrir@... \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2002
        On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

        > On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Shlomi Fish wrote:
        >
        > > Disclaimer:
        > > 1. I may possibly be re-inventing the wheel, but nonetheless having fun in
        > > the process and I learn how to program Vim.
        >
        > See for yourself:
        >
        > http://vim.sf.net/
        >
        > Many, many gvim-related stuff. e.g: how to use gvim as the editor of
        > evoltion messages, how to get it to do inline spell-checking, generate
        > morse-code, and use bit-keeper.
        >
        > Disclaimer: I haven't tested any of the above-mentioned scripts (except
        > the spell-checker, which works nicely)

        If the spell-checker ignores formatting style like Emacs' M-x
        ispell-buffer does, then it would be highly useful. (I'm using Emacs to
        check the spelling of my HTML and LaTeX documents). I'll look into it.
        Thanks.