you know you've been hacking too long when...

  • mulix
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2002
      you dream that you are applying your patches to the kernel, and they
      apply cleanly, and they do what they are supposed to, and you're happy.

      this really happened tonight, so help me god.
      --
      mulix

      http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~mulix/
      http://syscalltrack.sf.net/
    • Omer Musaev
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002

        Wow, it is strange..
        I dreamed tonight on single-stepping through a code in debugger, seeing
        that one test does not succeed, going over and having no clue what
        happens there....

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
          This mail message was scanned by Vidius Port Authority
          (Enterprise Edition) for unauthorized confidential and
          proprietary information.

          http://www.vidius.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
            This is what I got. What proprietary info did you send to the list?
            ;-)

            Arik Baratz <arikb@...> writes:

            > This mail message was scanned by Vidius Port Authority
            > (Enterprise Edition) for unauthorized confidential and
            > proprietary information.
            >
            > http://www.vidius.com

            Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
            "If it ain't broken, it has not got enough features yet."
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
              Hm. Strange. Shouln't have done that. My sent mail folder contains an empty
              message. I'll blame Microsoft for this.

              I said that I have, in numerous occasions, worked on a problem, solved it,
              debugged it into beautiful perfection, and saved it all, just to wake up
              having to write the darn thing again from scratch. I hate writing the same
              code twice.

              -- Arik

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
                On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Omer Musaev wrote:

> [...]

                Sometimes before I fully wake up, I think I'm sitting next to a computer
                and being able to use gvim or some other tool I use a lot. I think it
                happened today only with pine.