Re: [hackers-il] "Structure of OS" Course and Real Life

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 17, 2001
      On Thu, Nov 15, 2001, Nadav Har'El wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] "Structure of OS" Course and Real Life":
      > On Thu, Nov 15, 2001, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] "Structure of OS" Course and Real Life":
      > > > But how about food, reproduction,
      > >
      > > Seems that clone() is a recent invention in this area...
      > There's also a joke I saw once (I don't remember where) about a varient of
      > fork(), called baby(), which takes two parent processes and forks a child :)

      I found it - it was posted in 1991 on rec.humor.funny. You can find the
      entire baby(1) fictionaly man page in

      http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/91q2/babyman.html

      Of course, there's also the UNIX Guru's View of Sex, in
      http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/97/Nov/unixsex.html

      Another gem (not all about sex) is
      http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/old90/18951.html

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Saturday, Nov 17 2001, 2 Kislev 5762
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |The knowledge that you are an idiot, is