Freecell Solver Lecture - Table of Contents

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2001
      Here it is: the first draft. None of the slides are prepared yet, but the
      WML files are there for me to edit. (by virtue of my very own Quad-Pres):

      Let me know what you think.

      Freecell Solver - Evolution of a C Program

      1 Introduction
      1.1 Rules of the Game
      1.2 Disclaimer
      2 Freecell Solver 0.2's Architecture
      2.1 The Scan that was used
      2.2 The Tests used by the Program
      2.3 The Data Types
      3 The States' Collection Implementation
      3.1 Binary-Search-Based Merge to Add the Sort Margin
      3.2 Vector of Pointers instead of Vector of Structs
      3.3 A Balanced Binary Tree
      3.4 A Hash Table
      3.4.1 XOR hash function vs. MD5
      3.4.2 Hash Optimizations.html
      3.5 Benchmarks
      4 The State Representation
      4.1 Reducing the Data Type Bit-Width
      4.2 Pointers to Stacks
      4.3 Remembering the Original Stack and Freecell Locations
      4.3.1 Solution
      5 Adding more scans
      5.1 The Original Hard-DFS Scan
      5.2 A*
      5.3 Soft DFS Rev. 1
      5.4 Soft DFS Rev. 2
      5.5 The BFS Optimization Scan
      5.6 Abstracting the Scans through the Derived States List
      6 The Move Stacks

      If:
      1. A is A
      2. A is not not-A