Re: [hackers-il] Looking for a certain TAU Mathematics Professor

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2001
      Chen Shapira <chen@...> writes:

      > > What is needed to get the quick Search engines available in
      > > Web sites to
      > > use agrep-like algorithms in lieu of simple find?
      > > agrep would have helped Shlomi find Ehrlich when he was looking for
      > > Erlich.
      >
      > How would it help?
      > without knowing that Erlich is spelled diffrently, you wouldn't be able to
      > formulate the right regexp.

      No, I wouldn't. But knowing that Ehrlich could be spelled differently
      but being unsure about the actual spelling, I (and Shlomi) could use
      a regexp search. I miss regexps often when I search the web.

      I doubt that creating a web search engine would make a successful
      business plan though...

      --
      Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
      "If it ain't broken, it has not got enough features yet."