Re: [hackers-il] borrowing CS books

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2001
      On Mon, Nov 05, 2001, Dan Kenigsberg wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] borrowing CS books":
      > But to write long essays about algorithms, you do have time...
      >
      > P.S. Maybe my tweak fails on csd for the same reason one of your version kept
      > working on that computer long after it died anywhere else
      >
      > Dan.

      Dan, are you sure you really meant for this to appear on the list? ;)

      I'm sure you know the difference between useless emails (what you call "essays")
      and hacking-sendsms-sessions into the night after a long day. I promise, I'll
      get to that sendsms hacking as soon as possible, hopefully tomorrow night..

      Let's move this issue to private email - I don't think people on this list
      care too much about my work schedule :)

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Monday, Nov 5 2001, 19 Heshvan 5762
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |If glory comes after death, I'm not in a
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 5, 2001
        On Mon, Nov 05, 2001, Adi Stav wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] borrowing CS books":
        > On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 12:43:40AM +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:
        > > Dan, are you sure you really meant for this to appear on the list? ;)
        >
        > Are we seeing a classic case of Reply-To: overwriting damage?

        Please, let's not start with that thread again... The same thing also happened
        in the linux-il list (for example), without a Reply-To:, because people
        got accustomed to doing "g" (group reply) to answer every email.

        Its just like the people who alias "rm" to "rm -i" to prevent rm accidents,
        and then they get annoyed by rm's question every time, so they become used to
        doing
        \rm file
        when they are "sure" they really want to remove the file. Some time later,
        they \rm a file by accident... A classic case of an arms-race only causing
        bother for normal people, but not solving the original problem.

        *** Vote for Reply-To:!! ***

        --
        Nadav Har'El | Monday, Nov 5 2001, 19 Heshvan 5762
        Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |"Never be afraid to tell the world who
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 5, 2001
          > > On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 12:43:40AM +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:
          > > > Dan, are you sure you really meant for this to appear on the list? ;)
          > >
          > > Are we seeing a classic case of Reply-To: overwriting damage?
          >
          > Please, let's not start with that thread again...

          > *** Vote for Reply-To:!! ***

          Nadav, how do these two combine?

          Anyway, usually I prefer the Reply-To option. But the truly interesting issue in
          this thread is how come these days I am publicly humiliated in every single
          mailing list I write to.

          Sorry everyone for the annoyance.

          Dan.
        • Adi Stav