Re: [hackers-il] borrowing CS books

  • Dan Kenigsberg
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2001
      But to write long essays about algorithms, you do have time...

      P.S. Maybe my tweak fails on csd for the same reason one of your version kept
      working on that computer long after it died anywhere else

      Dan.

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2001
        On Mon, Nov 05, 2001, Dan Kenigsberg wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] borrowing CS books":
        > But to write long essays about algorithms, you do have time...
        >
        > P.S. Maybe my tweak fails on csd for the same reason one of your version kept
        > working on that computer long after it died anywhere else
        >
        > Dan.

        Dan, are you sure you really meant for this to appear on the list? ;)

        I'm sure you know the difference between useless emails (what you call "essays")
        and hacking-sendsms-sessions into the night after a long day. I promise, I'll
        get to that sendsms hacking as soon as possible, hopefully tomorrow night..

        Let's move this issue to private email - I don't think people on this list
        care too much about my work schedule :)

        --
        Nadav Har'El | Monday, Nov 5 2001, 19 Heshvan 5762
        Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |If glory comes after death, I'm not in a
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 5, 2001
          On Mon, Nov 05, 2001, Adi Stav wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] borrowing CS books":
          > On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 12:43:40AM +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:
          > > Dan, are you sure you really meant for this to appear on the list? ;)
          >
          > Are we seeing a classic case of Reply-To: overwriting damage?

          Please, let's not start with that thread again... The same thing also happened
          in the linux-il list (for example), without a Reply-To:, because people
          got accustomed to doing "g" (group reply) to answer every email.

          Its just like the people who alias "rm" to "rm -i" to prevent rm accidents,
          and then they get annoyed by rm's question every time, so they become used to
          doing
          \rm file
          when they are "sure" they really want to remove the file. Some time later,
          they \rm a file by accident... A classic case of an arms-race only causing
          bother for normal people, but not solving the original problem.

          *** Vote for Reply-To:!! ***

          --
          Nadav Har'El | Monday, Nov 5 2001, 19 Heshvan 5762
          Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |"Never be afraid to tell the world who
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 5, 2001
            > > On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 12:43:40AM +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:
            > > > Dan, are you sure you really meant for this to appear on the list? ;)
            > >
            > > Are we seeing a classic case of Reply-To: overwriting damage?
            >
            > Please, let's not start with that thread again...

            > *** Vote for Reply-To:!! ***

            Nadav, how do these two combine?

            Anyway, usually I prefer the Reply-To option. But the truly interesting issue in
            this thread is how come these days I am publicly humiliated in every single
            mailing list I write to.

            Sorry everyone for the annoyance.

            Dan.
          • Adi Stav