Re: [hackers-il] Python

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2001
      On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, nbsp wrote:

      > I have been watching Python lately and looked at it carefully it's a
      > high level language ... But is it possible that a high-level language
      > that easy can be proficient and usable ?I mean is it worth learning it
      > ? Is it comparable to C/C++ ordoes it have less possibilities ?

      Yes, the language is quite usable. Nowadays it is my default scripting
      language, and it is easy to program in it.
      However it is not comparable to C/C++. C/C++ are for code which needs to
      be excuted fast, and can bear long development time. Python is for code,
      which needs to be developed quickly, but doesn't have to be efficient at
      runtime.
      --- Omer
      There is no IGLU Cabal. Too many activities were distupted by pranksters,
      who believed that it is very hilarious to see people's reaction to white
      dust appearing at random places.