Re: [hackers-il] The hippies, drug addicts and idiots who don't use Linux

  • Adi Stav
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2001
      On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 12:27:04AM +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:
      [snip]
      > And today (Oct 4, 2001), Linus himself graced us with the following gem
      > about the Hurd people (in a discussion about why the Hurd implements some
      > parameter to mmap() that Linux doesn't)
      >
      > "Trust me. The people who came up with MAP_COPY were stupid. Really. It's
      > an idiotic concept, and it's not worth implementing.
      > In short: just say NO TO DRUGS, and maybe you won't end up like the Hurd
      > people."
      >
      > Interesting concept... Accusing everyone who doesn't agree with you to being
      > stoned...
      [snip]

      ...And not for the first time. Linus has always been known for his
      vicious attacks on ideas he considers sub-optimal. I disagree that
      we should consider it bigotry or prejudice; Linus attacks all ideas
      he doesn't like with with an equally strong language.

      By the way, I consider the related technical discussion fascinating.