Re: [hackers-il] looking for good python book

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2001
      On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Nadav Har'El wrote:

      > Thanks. There's indeed a new 2nd edition of this book, published June 7 2001,
      > covering (supposedly) Python 2.1. It seems relatively thin (416 pages is
      > relatively thin when compared to 1300 ;)) and cheap (25$ on amazon.com).

      The edition, which I have, is xviii+319 pages long, of which 159 (87-245)
      are devoted to Appendix A, which documents the Python library. I suppose
      that most of the extra 97 pages cover new library modules.

      > So, does anyone else share this recommendation, or do you disagree or
      > have a different book to recommend?

      Anyone having information about the new edition, please speak up. I too
      may want to buy it.

      > > There is no IGLU Cabal.The former Cabalists were lured by the charms of
      > > MPPL (Most Powerful Programming Language) away from the boring and mundane
      > > business of Linux kernel hacking.
      >
      > I think this sig belongs on a different mailing list ;)
      --- Omer
      There is no IGLU Cabal. Oops, wrong mailing list!