Re: RE: RE: Hack Proposal : DeCSS in JavaScript

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 20, 2001
      On 20 Jul 2001, Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

      > On 19 Jul 2001 11:47:04 +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
      >
      > > P.S: I'm a little paranoid about it. Maybe I read too much of Slashdot or
      > > this entire "illegal in America" sounds romantic to me. Of coure, it's
      > > illegal because of very stupid laws, but the majority of laws in the world
      > > are stupid, but they are still harmful.
      >

      > Remeber: It's not paranoia if they're really after you.
      >
      > <<<<<< Story Snipped >>>>>>

      Well, in fact until a few minutes ago, I used to have a DeCSS mirror on my
      Technion's web-site. Its URL is:

      http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/DeCSS/

      In any case, I removed the offending files, because it is the students'
      server and because of the DeCSS for JavaScript thing. There are some links
      there (to the DeCSS Gallery, to a real DeCSS mirror, and to several other
      places). Besides, I figured out you can search for css or decss in
      gnutella/Freenet and find it.

      If you wish to mirror the JavaScript source code when it is finished, I
      will not stop you. You can also have an actual form that invokes it on the
      client computer - ;-). But I'm not going to maintain a mirror list. As I
      figured out, DeCSS for JS will be both nowhere and everywhere.

      In any case, do you want me to send you the beta code?

      Regards,

      SHlomi Fish

      BTW, I thought of a few DeCSS for JS hyperbanners. For instance:

      "Did you violate the DMCA today?"

      "DeCSS Now! (literally)"

      Of course, I first have to have a compatible code.

      > Gilad.
      >
      > PS. while going over this email one last time the phone socket where my
      > ADSL NTU is jacked in fell off the wall... those MPAA guys will do
      > anything to stop me, but I don't care... HAHAHAHAHA <mad laughter dying
      > away> neighbours are afraid again.... MUST REMEMBER TO TAKE PILLS...
      > MUST REMEMBER TO TAKE PILLS...

      LOL.

      A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
      what went wrong more quickly.