Re: [hackers-il] Women of the web

    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2001
      "Nadav Har'El" <nyh@...> writes:

      > People
      > writing pages about Bill Clinton, about the U.S., about the presidency
      > in the U.S., people who work in the whitehouse, and all-in-all I would
      > think that thousands of different pages, by thousands of different real
      > people, probably link to whitehouse.gov.

      You are right, of course: people looking for Bill Clinton will find
      whitehouse.gov (or would they? :-)).

      > But who would link to whitehouse.com (a porn site, I presume)?

      Other similar sites? That's what I said - I have no idea whether that
      industry is primarily competitive or co-operative.

      > > too quickly. For the record, I haven't bought a copy for ages (grown
      > > up? ;-) - maybe it's changed...
      >
      > Your last sentence is a Freudian slip - with it you show how you also
      > think that Playboy is really about the bawdy pictures that a teenage
      > would look for, and not about the articles a sophisticated adult would
      > look for.

      It was not intended to be a Freudian slip - I put a smiley there
      intentionally, referring obliquely to the prevalent perception. I used
      to read Playboy (enjoying the pictures on the way - but as I said - I
      find them quite innocent, PG13 probably), and even considered
      subscribing to it when I lived in the US. I am not ashamed of it in
      any way, and what I wrote about my opinion of Playboy was very serious.

      --
      Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
      "I'd rather write programs to write programs than write programs."