990Re: [hackers-il] Women of the web

    May 2, 2001
      Chen Shapira <chen@...> writes:

      > So I run "women" on google:

      Maybe search engines are rigged for what different kinds of people
      look for?

      I recall that when I first learned about Google I ran "the latex test"
      on it. It used to be (in those days) that running a search on latex
      (or LaTeX) turned on a lot of condom, fetish, and other chemistry
      sites. Google turned up LaTeX manuals. I have been using Google for
      web searching ever since.

      What a pity it doesn't turn up sites on sexy women in mathematics. ;-)

      By the way, www.playboy.com used to have a decent computer column,
      proving that you don't have to be dumb to be a playmate. Is it still
      there?

      --
      Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
      "I'd rather write programs to write programs than write programs."