679Re: [hackers-il] Slightly OT: A story I started to write

    Dec 7, 2000
      On Thu, Dec 07, 2000, Shlomi Fish wrote about "RE: [hackers-il] Slightly OT: A story I started to write":
      > Thanks. But I fear that Word 2000, which I use here converted it into
      > somethihg that only IE5 can see. Can anybody verify that he sees the
      > HTML using Konquerer?
      > In anycase, if somebody has QText or MS-Word 97 can he convert the RTF
      > to HTML and send me the converted file. Visual HTML will be better, but
      > Logical HTML that Konquerer can see will also be good.

      Since I suppose the text is not hyperlinked, why don't you convert it to
      Postscript (or PDF, if you want)? All of us have postscript viewers (shame
      on you if you don't ;)), and with a postscript file there's no question
      of Bidi, fonts, or anything like that. I know that for me getting a hardcopy
      in Postscript or PDF makes much more sense than getting Word/RT/Qtext or
      even HTML.

      Nadav Har'El | Thursday, Dec 7 2000, 10 Kislev 5761
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |A bird in the hand is safer than one
      http://nadav.harel.org.il |overhead.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic