5194Re: [hackers-il] OT: Hebrew books for Kindle and Ben-Yehuda project

  • Gabor Szabo
    Jul 16, 2012
      Hi Asaf,

      thanks for the response.

      Are the Word files available from the site?
      If not, could you please send me one? (privately)

      regards
         Gabor

      On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Asaf Bartov <asaf.bartov@...> wrote:
      Hi, Gabor.

      Alas, we do not offer e-book formats just yet.  The obstacle is the fact we still rely on icky Word-generated HTML files which are just awful.  I'm actively working[1] on a conversion to a clean intermediate format from which we will be able to generate clean HTML, PDFs, EPUB, etc., so that feature is to come some time in the coming months.

      Cheers,

         Asaf

      [1] https://github.com/abartov/bybeconv

      On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      recently I purchased a Kindle and wanted to put some reading material on it.

      I checked the http://www.benyehuda.org/ but I could not find any link
      to download
      the text in any e-book format, except HTML. Have I missed something obvious
      on the site? If no e-book format, is that some legal issue, technical
      issue or just
      lack of time?

      I even sent an e-mail to editor@ two weeks ago but have not received any reply.

      I'd appreciate any pointers to Hebrew books for Kindle.
      Actually I am interested in both free and paid books.

      Help getting in touch with the Ben-Yehuda editors would be also appreciated.

      regards
      Gabor

      --
      Asaf Bartov <asaf.bartov@...>