4384Re: [hackers-il] blog recommendation.

  • Muli Ben-Yehuda
    Jun 4, 2005
      On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 06:43:20PM +0200, Tzahi Fadida wrote:
      > I did open a livejournal blog yesterday, just to see.
      > http://www.livejournal.com/users/linjunky/
      > But a more interesting question is how does a blog
      > reflect on you on the business side.

      Well, that depends on what you write on it, does it not?

      Wrong. http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan,
      http://blogs.redhat.com/executive/, to name just two examples.

      > The image that is portrayed thru the blog could maybe
      > debilitate future promotions that require a certain image.

      ... or it could facilitate that promotion. Depends on what and how you
      write.

      > For example, in my test blog I wrote that I like ALIAS
      > tv show, and discuss it casually. Some people discuss
      > their dates etc...

      Some people discuss their work, some people use it to bounce ideas off
      people, some use it to exert influence.

      > Another thing is that even if you decide to quit google and similar
      > cache engines will reveal your past posts even if you don't want too.
      > Although a nice feature in livejournal is to request respectable
      > search engines from caching your blog (using META tags).

      Anyone can read what you write on the net. DOn't like it - don't
      participate.

      Cheers,
      Muli
      --