3965Re: Again offtopic post! (was: Re: [hackers-il] Daniel)

  • Tal Rotbart
    Nov 1, 2004
      Hey Omer,

      Pretty thorough list, but you forgot:

      More typical subjects for Hackers-IL:
      - Shlomi Fish
      - Metadiscussions about Shlomi Fish
      - Discussions about what is off-topic or not
      - Meta-discussions about whehter discussion about what is off-topic or
      not, is off-topic or not.
      - List of typical subjects for Hackers-IL
      - Literal ways to make any discussion infinitely recursive

      JM2C,
      Tal

      On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:21:59 +0200 (EET), Omer Zak <omerz@...> wrote:

      > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Evgeny Gesin wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks for clarification and sorry.
      > > I stay here for months, but don't understand what is this club for. :)
      >
      > About this point you are totally right.
      > It is very difficult to know what a club (or mailing list) is for when it
      > is quiet for long time.
      >
      > Typical subjects for Hackers-IL:
      > - Managing projects with 10^7 LOC
      > - Lambda calculus
      > - Computations with transfinite numbers
      > - DMCA and similar laws in other countries
      > - Copyright issues not specific to Linux
      > - Reverse engineering of proprietary file formats
      > - Philosophical discussions, which have connection (even if tenous) to
      > software and computers.
      > - Nanotechnology
      > - Interesting hacks
      > etc.
      > etc.
      >
      > DISCLAIMER: the above is my personal opinion. Other participants may
      > disagree with me.
      > --- Omer
      >
      > NOTE: the question of existence of the IGLU Cabal is not on-topic
      > anymore, as it was already discussed from all possible angles in Signature
      > lines of few regular Hackers-IL participants. This is besides the fact
      > that the IGLU Cabal Does Not Exist, and Hamakor officially denies any
      > relationship with the IGLU Cabal.
      >
      > My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
      > They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
      > I may be affiliated in any way.
      > WARNING TO SPAMMERS: at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Tal 'redbeard' Rotbart