3954Re: Again offtopic post! (was: Re: [hackers-il] Daniel)

    Nov 1, 2004
      On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Evgeny Gesin wrote:

      > Thanks for clarification and sorry.
      > I stay here for months, but don't understand what is this club for. :)

      About this point you are totally right.
      It is very difficult to know what a club (or mailing list) is for when it
      is quiet for long time.

      Typical subjects for Hackers-IL:
      - Managing projects with 10^7 LOC
      - Lambda calculus
      - Computations with transfinite numbers
      - DMCA and similar laws in other countries
      - Copyright issues not specific to Linux
      - Reverse engineering of proprietary file formats
      - Philosophical discussions, which have connection (even if tenous) to
      software and computers.
      - Nanotechnology
      - Interesting hacks
      etc.
      etc.

      DISCLAIMER: the above is my personal opinion. Other participants may
      disagree with me.
      --- Omer

      NOTE: the question of existence of the IGLU Cabal is not on-topic
      anymore, as it was already discussed from all possible angles in Signature
      lines of few regular Hackers-IL participants. This is besides the fact
      that the IGLU Cabal Does Not Exist, and Hamakor officially denies any
      relationship with the IGLU Cabal.