WMDs and U.N claims validity

  • matthew_piscioneri
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
      Well,

      maybe those validity claims re-WMDs should have been tested more
      rigorously as Old Europeans wanted :-). I was always in favour of
      outsourcing Hussein's removal to private contractors.

      Is it just possible that Iraq was invaded because the U.S military/
      industrial/political elite realized that

      A) they could construct a sort of tenable nationalistic/pseudo-moral
      pretext for an invasion that down home, apple pie america, britain
      and australia (which had to provide the cannon fodder)could get their
      limited consciousnesses and would buy the scam.

      B)Iraq has vast oil reserves with which to repay the reconstruction
      bill which lines the pockets of....the U.S military/ industrial/
      political elite.

      U.S, British and Australian companies are lined up at the trough
      securing reconstruction contracts. It's a cynical world we live in.
      Perhaps the thousands of dead Iraqis and the hundreds of dead U.S,
      British, Italian, Polish etc service personnel are better off out of
      it :-(.

      How does it feel to be scammed?

      mattP