Maeve Cooke on JH and religious meaning; and other recent Habermasian work in English

  • Gary E. Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2008
      Maeve Cooke writes, 2006, in light of _Zwischen Naturalismus und Religion_ and other recent work by JH:

      • Maeve Cooke, "Salvaging and secularizing the semantic contents of religion: the limitations of Habermas's postmetaphysical proposal"
      http://homepage.mac.com/gedavis/JH/oc00Cooke.pdf

      Though this essay is freely available online, I haven't read it yet. Her critique, as represented in her abstract, doesn't seem credible. But then, she's Maeve Cooke and I'm not. I'll read it after I've read _BNR_ this spring---unless someone else wants to discuss her essay soon, just on its own terms. I would enjoy anyone's thoughtful comments, in light of an engaged reading of her article.

      • Some other recent applied Habermasian work worth noting:
      http://cohering.net/re/392srhw.html

      I regret to say that I'm not about to track down those articles, but I intend to someday. Anyway, that may be useful for others. It at least expresses my intent that this list remain useful for engaged readers of Habermas' work. (Vic Peterson, wherever you are, you are missed.)

      Gary

      .