Saturday Sept 22nd LST (Lone Star Trail) Run

  • h_t_rex
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2007
      The next LST trail run is scheduled for 9/22 at 7:00 AM. Like last
      time, this will be an out-n-back, starting at the parking lot at FS
      2666 (the turnaround last time) and heading ~8 miles south to the
      parking lot at FM 2025, where there will be water and gatorade.
      Then, we turn around and go back, for a total of ~16. This is the
      Tarkington Bayou section, and it's one of my favorites.

      If you want to do more miles, you can just continue on the trail
      past FM 2025 and then turn around whenever.

      To get to the start at FM 2666, from Houston, go north on US 59,
      take the Coldspring exit, 2025 just past Cleveland, TX. Go
      northwest (left) about 8 miles to FM 2666 at the Texas Forest
      Service Work Center. Turn right/East and travel 1.2 miles to the
      trailhead on the left. Here's a link to the map:

      http://www.lshtclub.com/lshtEastComments.pdf

      Here's a link to the map of the trail:

      http://www.lshtclub.com/trkngton2.pdf

      Also, I'll drop off a gallon of water and a gallon of gatorade at
      the turnaround at FM 2025, but it would be appreciated if someone
      else could also drop off extra water/gatorade to make sure we have
      enough. The parking lot for the turnaround is on the right of FM
      2025, about 6.3 miles from US 59.

      Contacts: michelle_wolpert@...

      Carpool: Carpool will depart from Memorial Park Tennis Center Parking
      lot at 5:30AM. Contact Michelle for more information or post on the
      Yahoo Group site.
    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2007
        Michelle, Mariela, and others:

        I am also planning to join in on the LST run on Saturday. However,
        like Larry and Mariela, I am tentatively planning on running a few
        extra miles (if I'm up for it).

        I intend to drive and would be glad to have someone ride along (Evan?
        opher10101?). However, bear in mind that I may be running longer... I
        will be at the Memorial Park Tennis Center Parking lot at 5:30AM.
        (Blue Toyota 4Runner).

        Kevin Outman