Earth Day Trail Work Party (TWP) - UPDATE 1

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27, 2013
      Darn rain! But we do need it!

      Waiting for official word from Memorial Park Trail Steward that the TWP will be postponed. Can't 'officially' work on trails when they are wet.
      Will post an update as soon as I have it, both here and on the FB page.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 27, 2013
        TWP officially cancelled.
        Received work from MP Trail Steward...no surprise there after all the rain!
        Reschedule date TBD.

        --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...> wrote:

        > Darn rain! But we do need it!
        >
        > Waiting for official word from Memorial Park Trail Steward that the TWP will be postponed. Can't 'officially' work on trails when they are wet.
        > Will post an update as soon as I have it, both here and on the FB page.
        >
        > > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        > >
        > > > Trail work party with GHORBA on Sunday, April 28th @ 1PM
        > > >
        > > > Meet at the water hose, GHORBA provides some tools, but if you have your
        > > > favorites…bring them with you! The most useful are hand saws and
        > > > loppers. Bring gloves, hydration system, protective clothing and eye
        > > > wear. Safety first!
        > > > Tasks may vary from removing some of the fallen trees, trimming and some
        > > > deberment. We'll probably work for about 2-3 hours and may break out
        > > > into smaller groups to accomplish other tasks depending on how many
        > > > attendees we have.
        > > > http://ghorba.org/events/general/3805
        > > > <http://ghorba.org/events/general/3805>
        > > >
        > > > Pre-Trail work Warm-Up Run on Sunday , April 28th @ 11:30am
        > > >
        > > > Meet at the water hose for a 1-hour warm-up run to scope out the trails
        > > > prior to trail maintenance.
        > > > No drop, casual pace.
        > > > All welcome.

      • Tim Neckar
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 27, 2013
          I wonder how many trees are down!

          Tim
          "Saving the World, One Runner at a Time"
          713.724.2611
          713.721.0550

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 27, 2013
            We heard one go down this morning as we were running on the red trail...it was on the other side on the ravine (yellow trail).
            We'll most likely be in more need of a trail work party after these storms!