Re: [hctrLIST] Fwd: RRCA: Upcoming Coaching Certification Courses

  • Kimberly McQuire
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2013
      I hope to try to get a course to Austin soon. I'll work with the new Board after the transition to see if we can make it happen.

      Kimberly A. McQuire

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 7, 2013, at 5:59 PM, Russell Seguin <russell.seguin@...> wrote:

      I tried to sign up, but they are already full!  I'm on the "wait list", though maybe with hundreds of other people.  Any plans to get a class scheduled in Austin?

      --
      Russell Seguin

      On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Kimberly McQuire <kimberly.a.mcquire@...> wrote:
      All,

      Please see below about an upcoming coach certification course being held in San Antonio next month. Keep in mind, these courses fill up very quickly and are limited to about 30 or 40 people.

      Kimberly A. McQuire

      Sent from my iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: RRCA Coaching Program <programs@...>
      Date: April 2, 2013, 12:47:33 PM CDT
      To: kimberly.a.mcquire@...
      Subject: RRCA: Upcoming Coaching Certification Courses

      You're receiving this email because you joined the Road Runners Club of America email list for notices about upcoming coaching certifications. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please unsubscribe below. Please do not respond to this email about inquiries about future course locations and dates. We will announce locations as they are scheduled.

      You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
        COACHING CERTIFICATION COURSESRRCA Logo
      Upcoming RRCA Coaching Certification Course Locations & Dates

      Get certified!
      Open Courses:

      Course information:

      The goal of the RRCA Coaching Certification Program is to create a national community of knowledgeable and ethical coaches. The certification course emphasizes how to be a successful coach, whether coaching individuals, small groups, or large group training programs, such as 5k, half marathon or marathon training programs.

      The two-day course includes 16 hours of in-person coursework followed by an online, multiple-choice exam with immediate results. The curriculum includes lecture, group work, and interactive exercises, including working in teams to build training programs for novice and experienced runners.

      Cost for the two-day certification class is $300. Courses are limited to 35 participants. Classes tend to fill quickly, so register as soon as possible.

      Course Transfers and Refund Policy:

      There are NO course transfers.  If you are registered for a course and would like to attend a different course, you must register for the new course online, and then cancel and request a $250.00 refund for the course you would like to drop.  You may cancel your registration by emailing coaching@.... If you cancel your registration at least two weeks before the course date you will receive a check refund of $250.00. NO EXCEPTIONS. No phone calls please.

      Wait List Information:

      If you are interested in attending a sold-out course posted on the website, please place your name on our wait list form.  We will contact you if a spot becomes available.

      Continuing Education Credits

      The American College of Sports Medicine's Professional Education Committee certifies that this offering meets the criteria for 16.0 credit hours of ACSM Continuing Education Credit.

      Road Runners Club of America
      1501 Lee Hwy, Ste 140
      Arlington, Virginia 22209
      The RRCA Coaching Certifications are designed to train coaches interested in coaching adult distance runners. There are currently more than 2,700 RRCA Certified Coaches across the US and Canada.   Learn more about hosting a course on behalf of your running club.

      This email was sent to kimberly.a.mcquire@... by programs@... |
      Road Runners Club of America | 1501 Lee Hwy, Ste 140 | Arlington | VA | 22209

    • Kimberly McQuire
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2013
        I figured as much. I believe if HCTR were to "host" a course with RRCA, though, we may be able to guarantee some spots for some members (not many and not enough for all interested, however!).

        Kimberly A. McQuire

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 8, 2013, at 10:03 AM, Leah Nyfeler <leah@...> wrote:

        They do have Austin courses; you just have to wait for the scheduling to sync up (get on the RRCA list for notification).  Austin is one of the more popular locations.  If you see Austin come up, sign up immediately.  I had actually contemplated driving to another city but got lucky.

        Leah