Trail running events…

  • Eric Henao
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 6:55 AM
      Trail runners:

      This sunday is another trail run lead by Luke's Locker, one of their "Road Kill Runs". Probably going to be about 1 hr long and maybe 5 miles? Not sure, but it is THIS weekend on Sunday April 7th at 7:30am. Start is at the Rugby Field. I also suspect that they will have some demo shoes there, new balance? that you can try out during the run. I did last time and it was nice. Laura did it too and ended up buying some!

      And there is also the HARRA trail series that starts today.  http://www.harra.org/955dir/

      2013 Tour de Bayou
      Five Tuesdays in April at 6pm
      The Houston Area Road Runners Association (HARRA) continues to offer the cult classic Tour de Bayou series of cross country races. For your running pleasure, the stages all start at 6:00 pm, are open to everyone, and are free of charge. Distances vary from roughly three miles to five miles. Runners may run any or all of the stages.

      Stage 1: April 2 Spotts Park, near Memorial Dr & Heights Blvd
      Stage 2: April 9 Dog Park, near Allen Pkwy & Montrose (AKA Over the River and thru the Woods)
      Stage 3: April 16 White Oak Bayou, White Oak Ave @ Thelma
      Stage 4: April 23 Ho Chi Minh, Memorial Park @ Rugby Field
      Stage 5: April 30 Ho Chi Minh, Memorial Park @ Rugby Field

      I won't be able to make today's run, but will try for the others…

       Eric Henao | email twitter | facebook | linkedin

      To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. - e. e. cummings