RE: [h_t_rex] FW: RRCA: Upcoming Coaching Certification Courses

  • Sharon Prentice
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013

      I am also interested.

      From: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com [mailto:h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Julie Monte
      Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:34 AM
      To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [h_t_rex] FW: RRCA: Upcoming Coaching Certification Courses

      I would be interested as well.

      From: MARY Griffith <feetfirst26@...>
      To: "h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com" <h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:27 AM

      I'm not an official member, but would be interested in the course.

      Run like the wind...

      To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
      From: smertz@...
      Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 06:02:45 -0500

      It's been a long while since I was "active" with htrex but I've been lurking here a couple years. I would be interested in the course, depending on when it was and such.

      -- Steve

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Kimberly A. McQuire <kimberly.a.mcquire@...> wrote:

      Calling Austin and Houston area runners!

      Ben and I have been toying with the idea of becoming certified running coaches.  After looking into it a bit, we found out there is a certification course.

      The courses are offered around the country, but they must be “hosted” by local running clubs, running stores, or similar.  RRCA will offer a stipend to help cover the cost of food and beverage.  The host must also provide the meeting space, though this is not covered by the stipend (therefore, free spaces are best).  All other aspects (registration, instructor fees and costs, course materials, and testing) are coordinated by RRCA and paid for with the course registration fee ($300).  The courses are offered for 35 people and the RRCA will help ensure certain people are given priority (i.e., those who helped organize the course).  More information may found here.

      The RRCA strongly suggests there be at least 15 individuals committed to attending the course prior to requesting to host the course.  This brings me to the following:

      Does anyone else have any interest in attending the course?  Would HCTR or HTRex be interested in “hosting” the course?  If not, can anyone offer ideas of another organization or business that might be interested in doing so?

      Looking forward to hearing from you all,

      Kimberly A. McQuire

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013
        I will be I interested in it

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 27, 2013, at 22:42, "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...> wrote:

        You could also try some of the smaller running stores to see if they would be interested to host?
        Tri on the Run, Finish Strong, Fleet Feet...etc.

        I don't know if HTRex would count since we're not a registered 'running club'?

        I've considered getting certified for both running and spinning...so I would be interested.