FW: RRCA: Upcoming Coaching Certification Courses

  • Kimberly A. McQuire
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 27, 2013

      Calling Austin and Houston area runners!

      Ben and I have been toying with the idea of becoming certified running coaches.  After looking into it a bit, we found out there is a certification course.

      The courses are offered around the country, but they must be “hosted” by local running clubs, running stores, or similar.  RRCA will offer a stipend to help cover the cost of food and beverage.  The host must also provide the meeting space, though this is not covered by the stipend (therefore, free spaces are best).  All other aspects (registration, instructor fees and costs, course materials, and testing) are coordinated by RRCA and paid for with the course registration fee ($300).  The courses are offered for 35 people and the RRCA will help ensure certain people are given priority (i.e., those who helped organize the course).  More information may found here.

      The RRCA strongly suggests there be at least 15 individuals committed to attending the course prior to requesting to host the course.  This brings me to the following:

      Does anyone else have any interest in attending the course?  Would HCTR or HTRex be interested in “hosting” the course?  If not, can anyone offer ideas of another organization or business that might be interested in doing so?

      Looking forward to hearing from you all,

      Kimberly A. McQuire

      Kimberly.a.mcquire@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 27, 2013
          Kimberly

          You could also try some of the smaller running stores to see if they would be interested to host?
          Tri on the Run, Finish Strong, Fleet Feet...etc.

          I don't know if HTRex would count since we're not a registered 'running club'?

          I've considered getting certified for both running and spinning...so I would be interested.
        • Steve Mertz

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013
              I am a member of H T REX although not really active with the group.  I would possibly be interested in doing this.  Please keep us posted on what, if anything I can do to help make this happen.

              Bruce Evans
            • Kimberly A. McQuire
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013

                Certainly.  It looks like I’ll be working with a group in Austin.  There has been a great deal of interest.  I will keep everyone posted.

                I am a member of H T REX although not really active with the group.  I would possibly be interested in doing this.  Please keep us posted on what, if anything I can do to help make this happen.

                Bruce Evans

              • MARY Griffith
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013
                  I'm not an official member, but would be interested in the course.

                  Run like the wind...
                  Mary

                  To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013