RE: [h_t_rex] Volunteer Opportunity - Hog's Hunt Trail Run - 4/13/13

  • Kathryn Vidal
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 25, 2013
      Mariela,
      I can do the morning shift if you still need people.

      Kathryn

      To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
      From: mvbotella@...
      Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:46:19 +0000
      Subject: [h_t_rex] Volunteer Opportunity - Hog's Hunt Trail Run - 4/13/13

      Bump

      Still looking for a few more volunteers!!
      If you can help or have family coming along...put them to work!
      Send a note to h_t_rex@...

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 25, 2013
        Thanks Kathryn - Sent you an e-mail.

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 25, 2013
          Morning shift is covered...could use 1-2 people for the afternoon shift.
          Ideal for the speedy 10K or 25K runner to earn a volunteer gold star!

          > --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "h_t_rex" <h_t_rex@> wrote:
          > >

          > > The Hogs Hunt 25K/50K is coming up Saturday, April 13 in Huntsville
          > > State Park.
          > > http://trail-race.com/stone/hogs_hunt/
          > > <http://trail-race.com/stone/hogs_hunt/>
          > >
          > > As in previous years, HTREX will be manning an aid station at the race -
          > > located at campsite 142.
          > > http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_\
          > > p4505_044g.pdf
          > > <http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp\
          > > _p4505_044g.pdf>
          > > If you've never volunteered to work an aid station, this is a great one
          > > to start with - fun & low stress (with beer).
          > >
          > > Volunteers are needed for the following shifts:
          > > 7am – 11am (5 volunteers needed)
          > > 11am – 3pm (4 volunteers needed)
          > > Volunteers will receive a unique Hogs Hunt 25K/50K Trail Run t-shirt!
          > >
          > > Directions:
          > > http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/huntsville/media/pdf/\
          > > huntloc.pdf
          > > <http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/huntsville/media/pdf\
          > > /huntloc.pdf>
          > > From Houston - Take 45 North, you will pass Conroe and take Exit 109
          > > 'Huntsville State Park'. Make a left at the stop sign, you will go under
          > > hwy and head straight into the park.
          > > Use the `Facilities map' for directions on how to reach campsite
          > > 142 next to the Aid Station.
          > >
          > > Dress Appropriately:
          > > Dress comfortably with sturdy foot-wear. It should be in the 60's
          > > during the morning and as warm as 80's during the day.
          > > It could also rain. We will have tarps in case of rain.
          > > Each volunteer should bring a chair and their own snacks if Aid Station
          > > food does not meet dietary needs.
          > >
          > > To volunteer please contact:
          > > Mariela
          > > h_t_rex@

        • spinnato50k
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 26, 2013
            I am available to work the morning shift if you still need volunteers.

            Thanks,

            Kevin

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 26, 2013
              Thanks everyone for volunteering.
              We now have all shifts covered!

              If you wish to volunteer I'm sure there are still plenty of slots available at other Aid Stations or at the Start/Finish line.
              Let me know and I can put you in touch with the Race Director (Paul Stone)or you can contact him through the contact information on the website.

              http://trail-race.com/stone/hogs_hunt/