Re: [h_t_rex] Re: Thank You Volunteers

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
      I'll make the capes.

      Jules ☺
      Sent from my iPhone with the grudging and intermittent cooperation of AT&T

      On Feb 3, 2013, at 10:01 PM, "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...> wrote:

      Yes, Thanks to everyone that volunteered!!

      An a special shout out on my part to Paige who stepped in for me over the weekend in my less than mobile condition.
      I have asked her to be the Super Girl to my Wonder Woman since Miles has Chris as Robin to his Batman...maybe she'll take me up on it for 2014!?!

      Thanks everyone!

    • Budzik, Kim
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013

        I had a great time volunteering! It’s always great to help the runners realize they have more inside of them to push through than they realize.  Thanks again to everyone for making that possible for all the runners and knowing we helped them succeed!

        Kim Budzik

        Vinson & Elkins LLP

        First City Tower

        1001 Fannin Street, Suite 2500

        Houston, TX 77002-6760

        Tel:  713.758.4354

        Cell:  281.687.0727

        kbudzik@...

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013

          I appreciated all the volunteers who were there to help us along, especially at Park Road.

          Thank you

          Sharon Prentice

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
            Congrats Maryann! Looks like you finished right where you wanted. Proud of you. Wish I could have been there with all of you. Got my first pair of trail shoes this weekend and ran the Hershey trails again on Sunday (2 loops this time). Had my first tumble---LOL. Wish someone could have been there to see it. Maybe I will be able to work my way up to the 50 Miler in the fall. Let me know if you want to go running again. Congrats again on your finish at the RR!! Chris

            You guys (and gals) are as usual, totally on top of things.  Thanks for the glide and the bacon wrapped dates!!!

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
              thanks Chris! i think emma and i wil go out for a short one next sunday. sorry i didnt get to see your first trail fall! lol
              maryann

              ------------------------------
              On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 12:16 PM CST Chris Bailey wrote:

              >Congrats Maryann! Looks like you finished right where you wanted. Proud of you. Wish I could have been there with all of you. Got my first pair of trail shoes this weekend and ran the Hershey trails again on Sunday (2 loops this time). Had my first tumble---LOL. Wish someone could have been there to see it. Maybe I will be able to work my way up to the 50 Miler in the fall. Let me know if you want to go running again. Congrats again on your finish at the RR!! Chris
              >

              >________________________________

            • Leslie Hale
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
                I would also like to add my sincere thanks to those who volunteered for Rocky Raccoon this past weekend.

                Making it to Park Road Aid Station is such a perk since the start-finish is the next stop!! But my first stop was more fun than anticipated to see Miles in his festive serape accessorized with jalapeño bling!! I spoke to some others when I saw Larry and mentioned I was anxious to hear more about his trip to Seattle. Then the focused, pacer side of Richard tells me "this is not the time. Get out of here!!" Thanks Richard for getting me back on task!!!  On a return trip later I see that Miles has thoughtfully loaned the serape & bling to Paige. (BIG thanks to her for being there as well as loaning me a shirt)

                HTRex is making quite a reputation as an aid station. I heard several comments from other runners recommending food offered there!! The bacon covered dates were especially mentioned!!

                Thanks so much to everyone for spending part of your weekend in Huntsville and thanks to your families for sharing you with the runners.

                Leslie

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
                  i need to do 15 next sunday so let's stay in touch if you want to meet up again.