Re: Saturday, Feb 2nd HoChiMinh Trail Run + RR50/100

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
      or if you want to double down, run in the morning and pace in the evening

      --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "h_t_rex" wrote:

      > For those of us who are not volunteering until later in the day...we
      > still get a run!
      >
      > HCM Trail Run
      > Run starts at 7:00AM from the FootBridge Parking Lot.
      > Please bring a water bottle and replenish electrolytes. Run will be led
      > by Mariela
      > mvbotella@...
      >
      > HCM 101 Trail Run
      > CANCELLED
      >
      > HCM Trail Walk
      > CANCELLED
      >
      > Location Map:
      > Meet at the Rugby Field parking lot (location of foot bridge)
      > http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=2113788069927668\
      > 96366.00\
      > 048a31212d2dbbde364&t=h&z=15

      896366.00\048a31212d2dbbde364&t=h&z=15>

      > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      >
      > Rocky Raccoon 50M/100M Trail Run - http://www.tejastrails.com/Rocky.html

    • Arlene Schneider
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
        I would expect nothing less of Richard.

        Arlene
        Sent from my iPhone
        Please excuse iTypos
        🏃☀🐱

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
          The 7am run will not now be led by Mariela; y'all be on your own to find your own leader.

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
            :'(

            Jules ☺
            Sent from my iPhone with the grudging and intermittent cooperation of AT&T

            On Feb 1, 2013, at 6:26 PM, "Richard" <rlynntx@...> wrote:

            The 7am run will not now be led by Mariela; y'all be on your own to find your own leader.

            --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "h_t_rex" wrote:

            > For those of us who are not volunteering until later in the day...we
            > still get a run!
            >
            > HCM Trail Run
            > Run starts at 7:00AM from the FootBridge Parking Lot.
            > Please bring a water bottle and replenish electrolytes. Run will be led
            > by Mariela
            > mvbotella@...
            >
            > HCM 101 Trail Run
            > CANCELLED
            >
            > HCM Trail Walk
            > CANCELLED
            >
            > Location Map:
            > Meet at the Rugby Field parking lot (location of foot bridge)
            > http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=2113788069927668\
            > 96366.00\
            > 048a31212d2dbbde364&t=h&z=15

            896366.00\048a31212d2dbbde364&t=h&z=15>

            > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            >
            > Rocky Raccoon 50M/100M Trail Run - http://www.tejastrails.com/Rocky.html

          • Larry Teeter
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
              I will be there to lead tomorrow morning at 7am. Mariela had an injury this afternoon. Hope for the best!!!

              Larry Teeter

              On Feb 1, 2013, at 6:26 PM, "Richard" <rlynntx@...> wrote:

              The 7am run will not now be led by Mariela; y'all be on your own to find your own leader.

              --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "h_t_rex" wrote:

              > For those of us who are not volunteering until later in the day...we
              > still get a run!
              >
              > HCM Trail Run
              > Run starts at 7:00AM from the FootBridge Parking Lot.
              > Please bring a water bottle and replenish electrolytes. Run will be led
              > by Mariela
              > mvbotella@...
              >
              > HCM 101 Trail Run
              > CANCELLED
              >
              > HCM Trail Walk
              > CANCELLED
              >
              > Location Map:
              > Meet at the Rugby Field parking lot (location of foot bridge)
              > http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=2113788069927668\
              > 96366.00\
              > 048a31212d2dbbde364&t=h&z=15

              896366.00\048a31212d2dbbde364&t=h&z=15>

              > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              >
              > Rocky Raccoon 50M/100M Trail Run - http://www.tejastrails.com/Rocky.html

            • Karen Felicidario
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013

                Is she ok?     Can we help in any way?
                Karen

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                  Thanks for leading Larry!!

                  Back from the ER after 1.5 hours...not too bad I guess.
                  My left hand is contused...not broken. That's the good news.
                  The bad news is I sprained the right side of my back from hip to mid-way up my back.
                  Got a RX for valium (muscle relax) and have to put cold compress on it for the next couple of days.
                  OUCH...it does NOT feel good.

                  Don't worry, I removed the vine at the top of the hill on Roller Coaster that made me Crash and Burn.

                  THANKS to Paige for taking my shifts at the RR100 this weekend.
                  I owe her BIG time.
                  Everyone please tell her what an angel she is when you see her. She too is injured and walking around in a boot....

                  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

                  Mariela

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                    Chocolate is a good start. :)

                    I'm sorry to hear about your injury, Mariela. Hope you're feeling better soon!

                    On Feb 1, 2013, at 8:42 PM, "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...> wrote:

                    Thanks for leading Larry!!

                    Back from the ER after 1.5 hours...not too bad I guess.
                    My left hand is contused...not broken. That's the good news.
                    The bad news is I sprained the right side of my back from hip to mid-way up my back.
                    Got a RX for valium (muscle relax) and have to put cold compress on it for the next couple of days.
                    OUCH...it does NOT feel good.

                    Don't worry, I removed the vine at the top of the hill on Roller Coaster that made me Crash and Burn.

                    THANKS to Paige for taking my shifts at the RR100 this weekend.
                    I owe her BIG time.
                    Everyone please tell her what an angel she is when you see her. She too is injured and walking around in a boot....

                    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

                    Mariela

                    --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, Larry Teeter wrote:

                    > I will be there to lead tomorrow morning at 7am. Mariela had an injury this afternoon. Hope for the best!!!
                    >
                    > Larry Teeter
                    >
                    > On Feb 1, 2013, at 6:26 PM, "Richard" wrote:
                    >
                    > > The 7am run will not now be led by Mariela; y'all be on your own to find your own leader.

                  • Jay
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                      No blood for the trail gods?

                      Jay

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                        Surprisingly enough...no blood!
                        Just a bruised ego, sprained back and contused hand.
                        I hope the trail gods are happy.

                        --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, Jay wrote:

                        > No blood for the trail gods?
                        >
                        > Jay

                      • Timothy Lofton
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                          Geez Mariela. Get well soon and take care.

                          tim

                          Timothy Lofton on LinkedIn
                          cumulus84@...
                          (425)280-6158

                          Just a bruised ego, sprained back and contused hand.
                          I hope the trail gods are happy.

                          --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, Jay wrote:

                          > No blood for the trail gods?
                          >
                          > Jay

                        • Jay
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                            Wish you a speedy recovery!

                            Jay

                            On Feb 2, 2013, at 9:39 AM, "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...> wrote:

                            Surprisingly enough...no blood!
                            Just a bruised ego, sprained back and contused hand.
                            I hope the trail gods are happy.

                            --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, Jay wrote:

                            > No blood for the trail gods?
                            >
                            > Jay

                          • Francisco J Garza
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 4, 2013
                              Sorry to hear about that Mariela.
                              I wish you a quick recovery.
                              The folks at the cantina were incredible!

                              Paco.

                              Back from the ER after 1.5 hours...not too bad I guess.
                              My left hand is contused...not broken. That's the good news.
                              The bad news is I sprained the right side of my back from hip to mid-way up my back.
                              Got a RX for valium (muscle relax) and have to put cold compress on it for the next couple of days.
                              OUCH...it does NOT feel good.

                              Don't worry, I removed the vine at the top of the hill on Roller Coaster that made me Crash and Burn.

                              THANKS to Paige for taking my shifts at the RR100 this weekend.
                              I owe her BIG time.
                              Everyone please tell her what an angel she is when you see her. She too is injured and walking around in a boot....

                              That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

                              Mariela

                              --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, Larry Teeter wrote:

                              > I will be there to lead tomorrow morning at 7am. Mariela had an injury this afternoon. Hope for the best!!!
                              >
                              > Larry Teeter
                              >
                              > On Feb 1, 2013, at 6:26 PM, "Richard" wrote:
                              >
                              > > The 7am run will not now be led by Mariela; y'all be on your own to find your own leader.

                            • imtwoods
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 4, 2013
                                All the best for a speedy recovery Mariela.

                                Steve