Re: [h_t_rex] Re: Grandfather Mountain Marathon

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 16, 2007
      Richard was running in streams because crossing using the downed tree was "too scary" for him (or something like that).

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 16, 2007
        Almost correct... Saturday I was "too scared" to cross on the log;
        actually having seen a buddy of mine fall off and just miss falling on
        the remains of a broken tree stump once; I prefer the alligators,
        water snakes, frogs and snapping turtles!!! It was Sunday morning
        during the 30 minute downpour that approximately 95% of the green
        trail was the flowing stream I was on/in, hopefully it'll be at least
        a little less than that by Tuesday.
      • Homero & Sylvia
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007

          Larry or any of the other HT-Rex groupies out there,

          If you have any races planned in the North Carolina area, please feel free to look up your old buddies, Sylvia and Homero.  We moved to Hendersonville NC which is just south of Asheville.  We have a nice log cabin on the side of Sugarloaf Mountain.  Our address is 1355 Little Creek Rd and phone is 828-272-0355.  Ask Angie about her visits over here.  It is very pretty and if you need a good hilly workout.  We have miles and miles of hlls.   :-)

          Sylva & Homero Gonzalez

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007

            Miss you guys!!!

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007

              Me too!  I will just have to find a way to come visit.

              Take good care,

              Kathryn