RE: [h_t_rex] Little help

  • Tim Budzik
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2012
      thanks.  It is a trail run but not sure of the trail markings.  They have a manditory Road book to follow but not all turns are marked and the best discription of the direction is the GPS corrdinates.  They do provide a Google route but unless I want to carry a book with me I was thinking the GPS would help.

      Tim

      To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
      From: jamykoon@...
      Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 04:56:18 -0700
      Subject: Re: [h_t_rex] Little help

      I used my Garmin 305 when bouncing around England, France, Belgium, and Holland with a Brass Band last year.  I didn't try loading any particular data into the 305 but, when uploading to Garmin Connect and Training Center, all relevant data was there just like I had run out the front door of my house.

      Hope this helps.

      Jamie

      -j

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2012
        Depending on your GPS, you could build your own map using the coordinates they gave you and upload it. I.e. create your own map. It won't be topo, but you would have a virtual trail plotted.

        However, especially in west Europe and if you are willing to pay, you should be able to get some maps. I think you are more likely to find them for Garmin than others. You may also be able to find free maps on the Internet if you do a little research.

        Have fun.
        Annette

        P.S. some of my favorite adventures were when I made a wrong turn.

        > thanks. It is a trail run but not sure of the trail markings. They have a manditory Road book to follow but not all turns are marked and the best discription of the direction is the GPS corrdinates. They do provide a Google route but unless I want to carry a book with me I was thinking the GPS would help. Tim
        > To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
        > From: jamykoon@...
        > Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 04:56:18 -0700
        > Subject: Re: [h_t_rex] Little help

        > I used my Garmin 305 when bouncing around England, France, Belgium, and Holland with a Brass Band last year. I didn't try loading any particular data into the 305 but, when uploading to Garmin Connect and Training Center, all relevant data was there just like I had run out the front door of my house.
        >
        > Hope this helps.
        >
        > Jamie
        >
        > -j

      • Tim Budzik
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2012
          I have made a few wrong turns as well and it might be fun.  It is a little different in that it starts at 6:00 PM on Friday evening.  Your running on mostly flat until midnight then start to climb.  The second half of the run will be where the scienery will be if we aren't to beat to see it.

          To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
          From: quatsch30@...
          Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 16:20:27 +0000
          Subject: [h_t_rex] Re: Little help