Memorial Park Master Plan – Your INPUT wanted!

  • Eric Henao
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012
      I want:
      Trails that are good for bikers AND runners.
      Not gravel trails, mulch or concrete. Dirt.
      I would prefer MORE trails with more variety.
      Trails that are easily service-able by park management.
      I want a park that is actively managed and having that budgeted so that this won't happen again. i.e. the over growing of invasive species.
      Have a full park management STAFF that is knowledgable of the park and able to do the work and not to have park maintenance done by ignorant sub contractors.
      I like the concept of a community area, i.e. like the stretching area. This could be outside of the new building area.
      Either memorialize the ancient structures from history (the old military bases) in the park or pull that shit out. This in-between position of not doing anything is more of a hinderance than historical preservation.
      The picnic loop area really needs to be redone. Park benches, BBQ pits, parking, event hosting (4 For the Park, big support area for passing through of marathon) and the biking events/practice.
      Get the damn 400m track redone and have it managed/maintained.
      Some sort of "hill" training area would be fantastic.
      Work in conjunction with GHORBA on trail ideas that is beneficial to both runners and riders. There is no reason why we can't share trails nor have events for both at the park.

      to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you
      everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight;
      and never stop fighting. - e. e. cumming