RE: [h_t_rex] Schedule of Trail Runs?

  • Tim Budzik
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2012
      I was running Jack Brooks quit a lot last year and it is technical but tight.  A lot of switching back and forth.  It is amazing how much trail they could put in a few acres.  Once through is about 6 miles and there are a few different paths to make it a little different between loops.  There are the bike jumps and obsticles but don't get in the way too often.  It would be alot more fun with a group because we may be the only runners out there.

      Tim

      To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
      From: annabeldixon@...
      Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:17:14 -0400
      Subject: Re: [h_t_rex] Schedule of Trail Runs?

      I am not too far from Jack Brooks Park. I ran there before. It was very technical trail as well as the flat trail like in Seabrook trail. If it is not rain for two days, we can go, it is hard to get dry there. Lots of mosquito and spiders.

      Annabel

      In a message dated 2012/7/30 18:19:10 Central Daylight Time, mgdino@... writes:

      Kelli,

      There is no real calendar.  Normally for an 'excursion' trip like that, someone will send out a note well in advance for you to mark your calendar.  Some of the trips are communicated on FB but I can't recall if the latest one got passed along there or not -- the email traffic here is the primary medium for comm.

      As far as the next run at HSP, I would be interested in going in September, maybe the week or two after labor day if anyone else is interested in getting a group together?

      Also, since the HCM is now a cemetery... I think it would be a nice change of venue for an excursion (well... not for me) run at Jack Brooks Park.  I've been itching to get back there but I'd need to work out the logistics if the group wants to come down since I haven't run there in quite a while.

      On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 8:07 AM, kstilley85 <kstilley@...> wrote:

      Hey everyone! I am new to the group and would love to come to the next HSP trail run. Is there a schedule? Do you guys go often? Do you post outings on the FB page?

      Thanks - Kelli Stilley

    • james koon
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2012
        I've been doing at least one run a week down at Jack Brooks for the last year and really enjoy the course.  Early mornings during the week ensure that it will be fairly (if not completely) bike-free.  If you need a break from the technical stuff you can always jog the 3+ miles of horse/hiking trails that go around the park then dive back into the mountain bike area at a couple of different points.  The disc golfing is quite good as well, with some of the holes actually going into the edges of the mountain bike area.  Annabel does not lie about the mosquitos and spiders.  I've had more than a few banana spiders hitch a ride on my visor!

        -j

        To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com