LST Seg 4 (Big Wood): Saturday, 7/7, at 7:00 am

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2007
      (Note, I'm sending this note out relatively early because I'll be out
      of town 6/29-7/4; a reminder email will go out 7/5).

      OK, here's the scoop on the next LST run. We'll be meeting at the
      trailhead parking lot at 6:45 for a 7:00 start.

      We'll be doing an ~17 mile out and back in the "Big Wood" section
      (aka segment #4). The reason for this out and back is that if we do
      last year's point to point, we'd be running about 6 miles total of
      road (blech tooey!). This 17 mile run is all on trail, and starts
      out going northwest and then we turn around and return southeast.

      I will be driving up there early and leaving water and gatorade at
      the 8.5 mile turnaround (at the intersection of FS202 and FS207, if
      you're interested). Please bring enough water/gatorade for the first
      8.5 miles.

      To get to the start:

      From Houston, go north on US 59, take the Coldspring exit, FM 2025,
      just past Cleveland, TX. Go left to the intersection of FM 945; turn
      left going to Evergreen. Go north on FM 945 to TX 150 at Evergreen.
      Turn left on TX 150. Go west on Highway 150 for 0.3 miles; turn north
      (right) on John Warren Road/FS 202 for 1.7 miles; turn left on dirt
      road for 0.2 miles to Big Woods Trailhead.

      Here is a link to a map corresponding to the directions above, as
      well as a link to the Big Wood section:

      http://www.lshtclub.com/lshtEastComments.pdf

      http://www.lshtclub.com/bigwds.pdf

      Since the one and only aid station will be at 8.5 miles, please bring
      enough water/gatorade to last you for the full 8.5 mile distance.

      Thanks, and see you'all Saturday.

      Michelle A. Wolpert