Re: [h_t_rex] Lone Star Trail (LST) Run - Saturday, March 24th

  • Timothy Lofton
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7 10:05 AM
      Okay, I'll start with the newbie questions.  What is the availability/sources of water out there, as I would like to do 3+ hours?

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8 5:23 PM
        The only source of water on the LST (for the sections we will be running) will be what you bring with you and carry.

        Some LST runs we make a water drop at the next parking lot if it's over a certain mileage...with this one, it's easy enough to carry water for 11 miles. A standard Camelback and a hand-held should do the trick.

        As the weather heats up, we try to pick a loop course or make a water drop.

        I too plan to be out there at least 3 hours...we'll just carry our water and use the cars as aid stations.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8 6:05 PM
          Okay.  I may need to pick up an extra UD bottle.  I have two, which may be enough, but I've never been a bladder person.  I'll figure it out - thanks.  I'm sure it will be 50 degrees with a nice cool breeze anyhow. :-)

          The only source of water on the LST (for the sections we will be running) will be what you bring with you and carry.

          Some LST runs we make a water drop at the next parking lot if it's over a certain mileage...with this one, it's easy enough to carry water for 11 miles. A standard Camelback and a hand-held should do the trick.

          As the weather heats up, we try to pick a loop course or make a water drop.

          I too plan to be out there at least 3 hours...we'll just carry our water and use the cars as aid stations.

          --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, Timothy Lofton <cumulus84@...> wrote:

          > Okay, I'll start with the newbie questions. What is the availability/sources of water out there, as I would like to do 3+ hours?

        • h_t_rex
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8 6:49 PM
            A waist pack w/ water bottle and two hand-helds should cover you for 11 miles.
            When it starts getting hotter, we'll have more water drops, but they are still usually 8-9 miles from the start.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8 6:55 PM
              Yeah, sounds fine.  I'll bring a couple of handhelds and probably stuff an extra bottle in my Nathan vest, just to cover myself.  Looking forward to it - should be fun.