Good run in the Ho this morning you guys!

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
      For those of us who were left in H-town, and not 'cool' enough to participate at Bandera, it was a nice morning for a run through the Ho.
      Thanks for the company!
    • Karen Felicidario
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
        Sorry I couldn't make it out there!  I was carless today, so I slogged through 24 miles of concrete...

        On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM, mariela_botella <mvbotella@...> wrote:

        For those of us who were left in H-town, and not 'cool' enough to participate at Bandera, it was a nice morning for a run through the Ho.
        Thanks for the company!

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
          Thank you too

          --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...> wrote:

          > For those of us who were left in H-town, and not 'cool' enough to participate at Bandera, it was a nice morning for a run through the Ho.
          > Thanks for the company!

        • Laura
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
            Sorry you guys couldn't do Bandera. It was my first time. Pretty brutal, but beautiful and overall a good run. A good group of us got off track & our 25k ended up just shy of a 30k!
            See you guys soon!
            ~Laura
          • Garth Huett
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012

              Anyone going downtown Next Saturday to watch the Olympic trials?

              Brant
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
                More bang for the buck.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012

                  Here's a link to the map.
                  http://www.houston2012.com/Houston2012/files/c8/c8429d83-a704-4559-92d6-b401190857b4.pdf

                  I think one of the best spots to see them would be on Waugh Dr. since they run south and then make a u-turn just before W. Dallas. You get to see them run south, then north on the same street around mile 7, 15 & 23.
                  Starts at 8AM from the GRB.

                  Maybe we can talk Larry into being our Mimosa bartender?
                  There should be plenty of parking at the Whole Foods/AIG lot and nearby businesses that early in the morning.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012
                    A friend in Germany requested an Olympic Trials shirt. Does anyone know if there are any? I'm assuming I could find something at the Expo?

                    Jules ☺
                    Sent from my iPhone with the grudging and intermittent cooperation of AT&T

                    On Jan 8, 2012, at 9:59 AM, "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...> wrote:

                    Here's a link to the map.
                    http://www.houston2012.com/Houston2012/files/c8/c8429d83-a704-4559-92d6-b401190857b4.pdf

                    I think one of the best spots to see them would be on Waugh Dr. since they run south and then make a u-turn just before W. Dallas. You get to see them run south, then north on the same street around mile 7, 15 & 23.
                    Starts at 8AM from the GRB.

                    Maybe we can talk Larry into being our Mimosa bartender?
                    There should be plenty of parking at the Whole Foods/AIG lot and nearby businesses that early in the morning.

                    --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, Garth Huett <garthhuett@...> wrote:

                    > Anyone going downtown Next Saturday to watch the Olympic trials?
                    >
                    > Brant

                  • Garth Huett
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 8, 2012

                          That is actually a good idea. Good idea probably best chance to see all the runners.  I am bring my daughter down to watch the race. Good for her to see this kind of event.

                      Brant

                      I think one of the best spots to see them would be on Waugh Dr. since they run south and then make a u-turn just before W. Dallas. You get to see them run south, then north on the same street around mile 7, 15 & 23.
                      Starts at 8AM from the GRB.

                      Maybe we can talk Larry into being our Mimosa bartender?
                      There should be plenty of parking at the Whole Foods/AIG lot and nearby businesses that early in the morning.

                      --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, Garth Huett <garthhuett@...> wrote:

                      > Anyone going downtown Next Saturday to watch the Olympic trials?
                      >
                      > Brant

                    • Jaime V. Garcia
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 9, 2012
                        I was there too!!! 100k