Capt Karl's Race

  • Bonnie Jean
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
      Hey guys, is anyone doing Capt Karl's race this weekend. I am really excited about it. A friend and I are going, but since I don't know many of you, I would like to meet some of you this weekend. We are going up on Saturday morning.
      Bonnie 832-434-1156
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
        I am headed up Saturday, too.  which race are you all doing?

        I was kind of looking for someone to car pool with.  Makes the drive home after staying up all night a little easier. :)

        Maryann 713-870-5233

        Hey guys, is anyone doing Capt Karl's race this weekend. I am really excited about it. A friend and I are going, but since I don't know many of you, I would like to meet some of you this weekend. We are going up on Saturday morning.
        Bonnie 832-434-1156

      • Bonnie Ney
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
          We are heading up sometime Saturday morning and back Sunday. I am not sure what times, but I will call you when we figure it out. We are both doing the 30k.  I have never done this race before, so excited to see a new course...

          Bonnie Jean Ney
          Pilates Powerhouse
          www.pilates-powerhouse.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011

            Awesome... maybe I could pitch in for the gas and conversation...  I have not done this one either, and it looks like it will be as tough as Ink's Lake, not because of the rocks, but there are two pretty good hills on the loop.  The first hill is a long slow incline, but the second one looks a little more steep.  Also since the aid stations are not evenly spaced, I am thinking the camel back will be the way to go.  I don't really like using it, but oh well.

            Maryann Ramirez
            Sealy Texas

            I am headed up Saturday, too.  which race are you all doing?

            I was kind of looking for someone to car pool with.  Makes the drive home after staying up all night a little easier. :)

            Maryann 713-870-5233

            Hey guys, is anyone doing Capt Karl's race this weekend. I am really excited about it. A friend and I are going, but since I don't know many of you, I would like to meet some of you this weekend. We are going up on Saturday morning.
            Bonnie 832-434-1156

          • Julie Monte
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
              A camel back on this run is a great idea.  The spacing on the aid stations is kinda tough.  I took one last year and ended up sharing water with quite a few people.  Hopefully this year will be a bit different, but they ran out of water a couple of times at each station.  I also kept water in my drop bags, which I did end up using.

              Good luck to all who runs.

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
                Great idea with the drop bags. Thank you for the tips.

                Bonnie Jean Ney
                Pilates Powerhouse
                www.pilates-powerhouse.com
                832-434-1156
[...]

              • james koon
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
                  My running partner and I are running the 60k and will be camping at the park Friday and Saturday night.  I just joined the yahoo group and am looking forward to getting out on a run with you all sometime in the near future.  Bonnie and Maryann:  would love to meet you guys sometime before the race.  We'll be chilling (or, in this case, frying) around the park all day Saturday.  Feel free to give us a shout.  Bonnie, fyi, Matt sold me my first real pair of running shoes at On The Run about three years ago.

                  Jamie Koon
                  281-896-5951
                  jamykoon@...

                  -j

[...]

                • Michael Dino

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
                      Hi, Michael.  Think I did see you at Ink's Lake.  I will make sure to introduce myself this weekend. You are doing the 60k right?  Look forward to meeting you and your running partner too, Jamie!  I don't think I have met Bonnie either, but hopefully that changes this weekend!

                      Are you all doing the fat ass run in the ho too?  I am going, and plan to try for 4 loops... to those of you who don't know me... I am the one who walks most of the races I do.  I run if I feel like it (and mostly downhill) LOL.

                      Maryann

                    • mgdino@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 2, 2011
                        I'll be doing the 60k... I think it would be better if I just didn't look at the Wx forecasts and not know what temperature it is.

                        I'm not running the fat ass -- I told Mariela I would volunteer, so I will be there to document and encourage all the suffering.  The Captn Karl's series is enough for me ...