Re: [h_t_rex] Who's running Rocky Raccoon

  • Kevin Walker
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 23 7:30 PM
      I'll be there doing the 50k

      On Oct 23, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Karen andor Richard wrote:

      > OK... time to fess up if you're running Rocky Raccoon this Saturday
      > (28th), either the 25k or the 50k...
      >
      > I'm doing the 50k; see ya there :)
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Lorna Mangus
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 24 7:25 AM
        I'm doing the 25k. I all goes well, then, I plan to do the 50k at SunMart. I've never run more than 27.2 miles before. That was when the Lakeshore Marathon route was erroneously measured a mile long.

        How long should I allow to get to Huntsville SP?
        Lorna
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 24 7:58 AM
          I'm running the 25k with a friend in tow. Maybe we can recruit her to
          the group. Anyway, looking forward to my first run since being a
          member of the HTRex group.

          See you there,
          Cynthia Bryan

          --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "Karen andor Richard" <klynn1@...>

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 24 11:10 AM
            I'm a lurker on the list who's running the 50K.  I'm trying to remember how they get 15.5 miles out of the trails at Huntsville & where the aid stations are.  I'm familiar with the 12.5 mile loop at Sunmart, just wondering how they add the other 3.  I've run the 25K the past couple of years & know that there's aid at Site 174 toward the end by the lake & probably one somewhere on the fire road -- does anyone know where the third one is?  And if there's a map of the course posted anywhere?

            Thanks.

            Weather's looking good at this point (knock on wood).  Best of luck to everyone.

            Miles Klaff

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • Michelle
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 24 12:16 PM
              Todd Eitleman will be pulling me along for 25K. see you there!

              Michelle Burt

              wrote:

              > OK... time to fess up if you're running Rocky Raccoon this Saturday
              > (28th), either the 25k or the 50k...
              >
              > I'm doing the 50k; see ya there :)

            • Carla Rowland
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 24 1:06 PM
                25k for me.
              • Christopher Kapraun
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 24 4:17 PM
                  Well R and company, I'll be doing the 25K.
                  Been switching between biking and running quite a bit and the long
                  runs aren't so long these days....thinking of returning to the 42 and
                  over croud in Warda next month though....

                  ...CK
                • Houston T-REX Training Group
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 24 5:46 PM
                    Great job everyone! Look forward to seeing all of you there!

                    HTREX will be manning the last aid station before the start finish (Campsite 174)...at that point you'll have 2.8 miles to go to get to the start/finish area.

                    Miles - I don't know of the actual 15.5M course posted, there are other variations posted out there....
                    Here's the RR50/100M course map - it's 20-mile loops.

                    For the run this weekend you follow the same course through the Dam Road aid Station....then along the fence line and then make a right and join up with the inner Lake trail before you hit the Far Side.
                    Hope that makes sence.
                    Just remember to have fun!

                    Cheers - Mariela

                  • leona.c.guy@exxonmobil.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 26 2:22 PM
                      Hi Guys! I'm running the 25K with some of the girls that have joined us on
                      the Saturday runs. Look forward to seeing you there!

                      Houston T-REX
                      Training Group
                      <h_t_rex@yahoo To
                      .com> h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com