Re: [h_t_rex] El Scorcho

    Message 1 of 9 , May 14, 2007
      --- Nathan Jackson <njackson@...> wrote:

      > I'm interested in running it...
      >

      > Carpool anyone?...
      >

      > I'm up for carpooling, but some females have to go
      too or my husband won't let me go. And I haven't
      presented this one to him yet so it may turn into a
      family trip in which case our minivan will be filled
      with our kids and at least one of their friends. I
      won't get any sleep but I'll have a great time. :-)

      I am also looking at the Ink Lake State Park 6 and 12
      hr in Burnet Tx. Anybody here running that? June 30th.

      Lynnor Matheney
    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 9 , May 14, 2007
        I'm also interested, but not ready to commit just yet.

        Michelle

        --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, lynnor matheney <lillamb1997@...>

      • tblackburn1@houston.rr.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 14, 2007
          Hi All
          Have any of you ran/biked the Muddy Buddy? I am doing it this weekend
          and just wondered what to expect from the coarse.

          Thanks
          Tammy
        • Paige Krekeler
          Message 4 of 9 , May 14, 2007

            Tammy,

            I’ve done it for the past four or five years. The course isn’t that technical but it is challenging for the bike (it is similar to Bandera).

            Have any of you ran/biked the Muddy Buddy? I am doing it this weekend
            and just wondered what to expect from the coarse.

            Thanks
            Tammy

          • Karen andor Richard
            Message 5 of 9 , May 14, 2007
              Paige,

              Your statement sounds like an oxymoron; surely Bandera is a pretty
              darn technical course, unless you're talking about the flat parts of
              Bandera... help!!!

              > I've done it for the past four or five years. The course isn't that
              > technical but it is challenging for the bike (it is similar to Bandera).
              >

              > _____

              Behalf Of
              > tblackburn1@...
              > Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 10:44 AM
              > To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [SPAM] [h_t_rex] Muddy Buddy
              >

              > Hi All
              > Have any of you ran/biked the Muddy Buddy? I am doing it this weekend
              > and just wondered what to expect from the coarse.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Tammy

            • Paige Krekeler
              Message 6 of 9 , May 14, 2007

                Ok—there are flat bits and then there are rocky/hilly bits. Unless you’re out in front, the crowd will force you to walk up the hilly bits (with the bike or on foot).

                Because I’m a chicken on a mountain bike, I usually jog most bits with the bike just because it isn’t as scary!