El Scorcho

  • Nathan Jackson
    Message 1 of 9 , May 14, 2007

      I’m interested in running it…

      Carpool anyone?...

      Nathan Jackson

      Network Support

      Phonoscope Communications

      From: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com [mailto:h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lynnor matheney
      Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 8:38 AM
      To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [h_t_rex] Botella, Klaff complete California 's Miwok 100K

      --- Mariela <mvbotella@sbcglobal .net> wrote:

      > Mariela and Miles are now INfamous....
      >
      > http://blogs. chron.com/ runhouston/
      > Scroll down to 'Botella, Klaff complete
      w:st="on">California 's
      > Miwok 100K'

      Conga rats you guys, great article! That El Scorcho
      race looks intriguing. Anybody here running that?

      Lynnor Matheney
      Woodlands

      Message 2 of 9 , May 14, 2007
        --- Nathan Jackson <njackson@...> wrote:

        > I'm interested in running it...
        >

        > Carpool anyone?...
        >

        > I'm up for carpooling, but some females have to go
        too or my husband won't let me go. And I haven't
        presented this one to him yet so it may turn into a
        family trip in which case our minivan will be filled
        with our kids and at least one of their friends. I
        won't get any sleep but I'll have a great time. :-)

        I am also looking at the Ink Lake State Park 6 and 12
        hr in Burnet Tx. Anybody here running that? June 30th.

        Lynnor Matheney
      • Michelle
        Message 3 of 9 , May 14, 2007
          I'm also interested, but not ready to commit just yet.

          Michelle

          --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, lynnor matheney <lillamb1997@...>

        • tblackburn1@houston.rr.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 14, 2007
            Hi All
            Have any of you ran/biked the Muddy Buddy? I am doing it this weekend
            and just wondered what to expect from the coarse.

            Thanks
            Tammy
          • Paige Krekeler
            Message 5 of 9 , May 14, 2007

              Tammy,

              I’ve done it for the past four or five years. The course isn’t that technical but it is challenging for the bike (it is similar to Bandera).

              Have any of you ran/biked the Muddy Buddy? I am doing it this weekend
              and just wondered what to expect from the coarse.

              Thanks
              Tammy

            • Karen andor Richard
              Message 6 of 9 , May 14, 2007
                Paige,

                Your statement sounds like an oxymoron; surely Bandera is a pretty
                darn technical course, unless you're talking about the flat parts of
                Bandera... help!!!

                > I've done it for the past four or five years. The course isn't that
                > technical but it is challenging for the bike (it is similar to Bandera).
                >

                > _____

                Behalf Of
                > tblackburn1@...
                > Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 10:44 AM
                > To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [SPAM] [h_t_rex] Muddy Buddy
                >

                > Hi All
                > Have any of you ran/biked the Muddy Buddy? I am doing it this weekend
                > and just wondered what to expect from the coarse.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Tammy

              • Paige Krekeler
                Message 7 of 9 , May 14, 2007

                  Ok—there are flat bits and then there are rocky/hilly bits. Unless you’re out in front, the crowd will force you to walk up the hilly bits (with the bike or on foot).

                  Because I’m a chicken on a mountain bike, I usually jog most bits with the bike just because it isn’t as scary!