an evening of jazz

  • Paige Krekeler
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 3:18 AM

      Mom’s husband, Joe, isn’t doing so well as of late. At 92, his Parkinson’s is stealing his mobility among other functions. He is quite the gentleman and is taking all of this with grace and dignity. One thing he hasn’t lost is his love and ability to play jazz music with his group. Every Wednesday—faithfully—the band plays. This is what helps Joe get through the week.

      The band’s name is Market Square Jazz Band and they play every Wednesday at Shamrock Inn. I’m trying to get a group together to go listen to him play on the 16th.

      They’re amazing to hear. Just being around them energizes you and it brings a smile to your face.

      Joe and his twin brother Jim are only two of the members of the band. They frequently play at jazz festivals around Texas . As Joe has told me, last year they were given a bottle of wine with their name on the label at the Corpus Christi Jazz Festival!

      Joe really loves a crowd so I’m trying to bring one for him. Please check your calendar and see if you’re able to make it on the 16th. It would be a wonderful gift for him to have a crowd appreciating their music.

      If possible, please let me know by Monday, May 14th (so I can save some chairs). I’m sure I’m forgetting to send this to people, so PLEASE feel free to forward this to friends!!!

      Paige

      What: Market Square Jazz Band

      When: Wednesday, May 16th from 7-10 pm

      Where: Shamrock Inn

                           9161 S. Gessner

                           Houston , TX 77074

                           713-777-5700

             Cover:    Free

    • bob.i.botto@exxonmobil.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 7:42 AM
        Paige that's really sweet. I'll see if I can go. I normally have my boys
        group meeting that night. Maybe I can get it covered and bring my wife.

        Bob

        Bob Botto
        Analytical Services Laboratory
        Baytown Complex Laboratory Department
        5000 Bayway Dr. Baytown, Tx 77520
        Company Mail: CORP-BSL-103
        Phone: 281-834-5133
        Pager: 281-439-1300
        Fax: 281-834-1775
        Join the ExxonMobil Corporate Track & Field Team!

        "Paige
        Krekeler"
        <pkrekeler@hou To
        ston.rr.com> <h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>