ROCKY RACCOON 25K/50K - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - November 6, 2010

    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 7, 2010

      ROCKY RACCOON 25K/50K - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

      Houston Trail Runners (HTRex) will be manning Aid Station #3 `Formerly known as 174' for the Rocky Raccoon 25K/50K on Saturday, November 6th.
      This is a fun and rewarding experience that you can share with your family by bringing them along too. While you are running the event your family can help out at the Aid Station and see you during the event.

      Volunteers are needed for the following shifts on Saturday, November 6th:

      7:30am – 11am (~5 volunteers)
      11am – 3pm (~4 volunteers)

      Aid Station #3 is located at the Trail Head parking lot next to campsite #142 in the Prairie Branch Camping Area. (see map).
      Volunteers will receive a unique Rocky Raccoon 25K/50K Trail Run t-shirt!

      Please reply to Mariela at the following e-mail: mvbotella@...

      Links:
      Rocky Raccoon 25K/50K Trail Run - http://www.hillcountrytrailrunners.com/raceRocky50K.html
      Huntsville State Park –
      http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/huntsville/
      Campsite Location Map- http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4505_044g.pdf

      THANKS!
      HTREX

    • Stacy A. Bacon
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
    • Julie Monte
      Message 3 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
        Awesome report.  You shall become my inspiration as my first 100 nears.

        Message 4 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010

          WOW Stacy! You ROCK! ok, I need to know where you practice, I or my husband might need to pay you a visit. You are my kind of doctor. What a HUUUUGE inspiration, ran in a sprained ankle and brokem wrist..WOW!!!!! COngratulations!

          andrea

          Message 5 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
            Stacy - I don't run ultras and only do baby trails but have been contemplating doing a 50 miler - so your report was awesome, inspirational and totally great on timing for me!  Also, you're the orthopaedic surgeon everyone needs.  The last one I went to told me not to run anymore.  It's like that's not even English (or Vietnamese)!!! Needless to say, I lost his business card.

            Congrats on your FIRST 100 (and great job on beating him by a HUGE margin; not 2.5 minutes but 2.5 HRS! what a way to check THAT off your list!)

            Thanks again for the great report! MyPhuong

            Let there be shoes!

            Message 6 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010

              Simply amazing!  Congratulations on an incredible race and a great report!

              Message 7 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                awesome race, Stacy!  I will have to agree, you are my kind of doctor!
                Maryann

                Message 8 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                  Great race report. It got me motivated! Thank you for sharing

                  Susan Bell

                  Sent from my iPhone

                • Stacy Bacon
                  Message 9 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                    To those needing the services of a crazy orthopaedic surgeon you can mind my info here: www.stacybaconmd.com! I'll keep ya running (after all you know I do it despite)!

                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    From: Maryann Ramirez <mram.ramirez@...>
                    Sender: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
                    To: <h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: Re: [h_t_rex] Arkansas Traveller 100 race report

                    Message 10 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                      Outstanding job Stacey! That is some serious determination.

                      Sent from my iPhone
                    • Jay
                      Message 11 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                        Correction, Stacy

                        Message 12 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                          Great report Stacy! Thanks so much for sharing and I will remember to 'Suck it up Fairy' (as related to my Halloween costume ;-) when the going gets tough!

                          Remind me to show you the fine points of peeing standing up. We girls have the power!!
                          lol
                        • Stacy Bacon
                          Message 13 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                            Definitely!

                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                            From: "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...>
                            Sender: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 02:17:02 -0000
                            To: <h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>
                            ReplyTo: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                            Subject: [h_t_rex] Re: Arkansas Traveller 100 race report

                            Great report Stacy! Thanks so much for sharing and I will remember to 'Suck it up Fairy' (as related to my Halloween costume ;-) when the going gets tough!

                            Remind me to show you the fine points of peeing standing up. We girls have the power!!
                            lol

                          • Mary Ntefidou
                            Message 14 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                              Stacy,

                              Outstanding report. Thank you for sharing, enjoyed reading it very much after a long and tough day.

                              Hope to see you soon on the trails,
                              Mary

                              Message 15 of 19 , Oct 26, 2010
                                All

                                Stacy will be be available to sign autographs at 'Little Rocky' Aid Station 'Formerly Known as 174' during her afternoon shift =))
                                Stop by, visit, and have a refreshment with us.
                                November 6th!
                                http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=162462290449435
                                Message 16 of 19 , Oct 27, 2010
                                  Mariela is definitely an authority when it comes to bodily functions on the trail!

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  On Oct 26, 2010, at 9:17 PM, "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...> wrote:

                                  Great report Stacy! Thanks so much for sharing and I will remember to 'Suck it up Fairy' (as related to my Halloween costume ;-) when the going gets tough!

                                  Remind me to show you the fine points of peeing standing up. We girls have the power!!
                                  lol

                                • Kevin Walker
                                  Message 17 of 19 , Oct 27, 2010
                                    What a great report. Big congrats.

                                    ---------
                                    Kevin Walker

                                  • jerry holbrook
                                    Message 18 of 19 , Oct 27, 2010

                                      Congratulations Stacy, awesome report. You give a whole new meaning to redemption.

                                      Thanks for sharing,

                                      Jerry

                                      Message 19 of 19 , Oct 30, 2010
                                        Looking forward to meeting Stacey... I will be there to help during the afternoon shift.
                                        Maryann