The Lean Horse Hundred 9/28-29

  • Houston T-REX Training Group
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      Forwarding Lynnor's report for Lean Horse.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
        great report!  Sorry you did not finish, but at least you had a good time doing it!
        Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:40 PM
        Subject: [h_t_rex] The Lean Horse Hundred 9/28-29

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
          "...I don't drink."  Sheesh, Lynnor, it's not that difficult to identify your problem!

          So your son thought you didn't train enough?  How much were you logging per week leading up to this race?

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
            Great write-up! Thank you for sharing. If you go back next year, I want to join you. Seriously. That or Vol State.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
              Hi Miles, sorry to take forever to answer, derrr...after flopping along like a fat carp at Vol State for 4 days, my feet disintegrated to countless shards of bloody flesh which only felt like walking on ground glass and I can't wait to do it again, I managed to eek out a few 3-5 mile weekday runs, a daily swim, and 2 weekend back to back 15 milers before tapering for an expensive dnf in the Black Hills. I know I should just throw myself over a cliff ..My generous husband offered to break both of my legs, it'd be a lot cheaper. And as for the drinking, you certainly have me pegged.

              Will probably see you guys at little Rocky. Evan and I are signed up for the 50 km. It'll be his first ultra.

              Lynnor