Walkathon photos

  • Mariela Botella
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
    Here are a couple of photos from this morning. I missed Jay who had been out there until 10PM with them.
    (1) Mary and Maryann at 4AM, glad to see me...until we started walking fast ;-)
    (2) The three of us at 6:45AM at the finish of their 40 miles and my 10.5 miles (2:45).
    Good job ladies!

  • Susan Bell (bklynsue@gmail.com)

      Message 3 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
        Thanks so much, Mariela.  Words cannot express my gratitude for what Mary, Jay and you did for me!  If there is ever anything I can help you with, please let me know!

        Maryann
        ps. can you email the pictures to me? mram.ramirez@...

        Message 4 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
          Hey all, I am looking  at booking a cabin for the Cajun Coyote run.  They sleep 8 and have heat and hot water.  The rate is $85 per night anyone else interested?

          Jules

        • karen cucchia
          Message 5 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
            In case I wasn't the only one who didn't know any of the details, here is a link to the registration site.  The run is on Dec 4th.  http://coyotemoonultras.com/cajun-coyote/

            Message 6 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
              I missed out on the discussion about this yesterday.  Curious as to how many people are interested in going, and would a 2 bedroom cabin be big enough?

              From: Julie Monte <julesmonte@...>
              To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 4:19 PM

              Message 7 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                If I remember right from different threads and talks during the runs, there may be 6 or so people interested in going.  I thought about that after I made the first reservation and decided to go ahead and snag the 4 bedroom lodge as well, as there was only one left.  I have until the end of the week to cancel either of the cabins with a minimal penalty.  The 4 bedroom place sleeps upto 14.  The rate on the 4 bedroom is $160.00 a night total.

                Here is a link to the cabin layouts/floor plans.

                Mary just pointed out to me that the run site also list hotels in the surrounding area to the park as well.

                From: Julie Monte <julesmonte@...>
                To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 4:19 PM

                Message 8 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                  I've done a similar set up almost every year for the CrossTimbers run up at Lake Texoma. These cabins look pretty nice.
                  It's also nice to have a working kitchen.

                  I'm already registered and interested in snagging a bed in the cabin.
                  Count me in. I'll check with Kim and see if she's interested. Will let you know for sure later this week.

                  Mariela
                • Julie Monte
                  Message 9 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                    Perfect.

                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    From: "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...>
                    Sender: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:20:16 -0000
                    To: <h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [h_t_rex] Re: Cajun Coyote

                    Message 10 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                      I'd like 2 spots if available.

                      Message 11 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                        Temp count

                        Julie G 2
                        Mariella 1
                        Kim 1
                        Paige 2
                        Karen C 1. - would like 2bdrm goes to bed early and likes quiet time
                        Jules M 1

                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                        From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                        Sender: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500
                        To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com<h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>
                        ReplyTo: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                        Subject: Re: [h_t_rex] Re: Cajun Coyote

                        Message 12 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                          I am considering this run,do the men have a separate cabin count working. Or is this a woman only trail run? This is a 30 plus mile run correct?

                          Thx
                          Indy

                          From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                          Sender: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500
                          To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com<h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 13 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                            We can have co ed. There are two bathrooms in one cabin and 1 in the other.

                            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                            From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                            Sender: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500
                            To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com<h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>

                            Message 14 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                              There are 3 distances:  100K (Solo or Relay), 67.293K and 34.917K* single track loop trail

                              From,
                              Saint's fan

                              From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                              Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500
                              To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com<h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>

                              Message 15 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                                Saints Fan? I dont like the sound of that when I GO BY  INDY!!!!  lol... I think you are still rubbing my face in it..Let the games begin... But I am a Drew Brees fan.

                                From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                                Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500
                                To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com<h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>

                                Message 16 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                                  Julie G = 1 girl, 1 guy. :-)

                                  From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                                  Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500

                                  Message 17 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                                    Who dat?

                                    From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                                    Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500

                                    From: "mariela_botella" <mvbotella@...>
                                    Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:20:16 -0000

                                  • arleneschn@comcast.net
                                    Message 18 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010

                                      Two Dat!

                                      From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                                      Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500

                                      Message 19 of 20 , Aug 29, 2010
                                        Hunh??

                                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                        From: arleneschn@...
                                        Sender: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
                                        Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 00:39:01 +0000 (UTC)
                                        To: h t rex<h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com>

                                        From: Julie Garcia <julestx96@...>
                                        Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:30:12 -0500

                                        Message 20 of 20 , Sep 2, 2010
                                          Frank is no longer able to come. If someone wanted his spot let them have it. Otherwise I'll still pay for it.

                                          Paige